SECONDARY METHOD CLUSTER B (TWO)
Not currently offered
Credit points: 15
In this subject student knowledge and skills are further developed in relation to pedagogical content knowledge, planning, implementation, assessment and reporting, and reflection. The emphasis is on effective teaching and learning within an Australian context, drawing upon the examples of current curriculum and professional frameworks.
Students consider, demonstrate and reflect upon a professional understanding of teaching method specific concepts, issues and developments, safety and legal responsibilities, application of learning technologies, audio-visual materials, and resources.
Cluster B includes Humanities, History, Business Studies, Geography, Information Technology, Media Studies, English, The Arts (Visual, Dance, Drama), Visual Arts, LOTE, English as an Additional Language.
SchoolSchool of Education
Subject Co-ordinatorLauren Johnson
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
Special conditions Students must have completed EDU5PFL and EDU5MTS before undertaking this subject. Students choose two Secondary Method Cluster subjects. Valid combinations are EDU5MA1 and EDU5MA2 (two methods in cluster A); EDU5MA1 and EDU5MB1 (one method from each cluster); and EDU5MB1 and EDU5MB2 (two methods in cluster B).
|Resource Type||Title||Resource Requirement||Author and Year||Publisher|
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the concepts, substance and structure of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area, into effective learning and teaching sequences.
- Introduction to Method/Cluster Planning
02. Plan for, implement and reflect upon effective teaching and learning practices, utilising a range of strategies and resources to cater for diverse student needs and abilities.
- Teaching Strategies, Learning Techniques
03. Develop strategies for creating and maintaining inclusive, engaging, supportive and safe learning environments, within school and/or system requirements.
- Diversity in the Classroom
04. Demonstrate understanding of a range of discipline-appropriate strategies and approaches to assess, provide feedback and report on student learning.
- Assessment and Reporting
05. Access and utilise professional, community and industry supports to broaden teaching knowledge and practice.
- Professional subject association networks
Select to view your study options…