CONTENTIONS IN INCLUSIVE EDUCATION
Credit points: 30
In this subject students are provided with an overview of inclusive education including a critical analysis of issues related to equity, access, participation and life transitions. Students choose a module for further application or in-depth study from either: (1) Relationships and Reporting or (2) Students with challenging behaviours and difference.
SchoolSchool of Education
Subject Co-ordinatorMary Keeffe
Available to Study Abroad StudentsYes
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
Equivalent subjects EDU5ISE, EDU5RAR
|Resource Type||Title||Resource Requirement||Author and Year||Publisher|
|Readings||Specified Journal Articles||Prescribed||N/A||VARIOUS|
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. To examine the ethical considerations that underpin Inclusive Education.
02. To compare and critically evaluate the differences between medical and socio-cultural models of disability.
03. To describe and explain the implications of historical perspectives on disability.
04. To view the educational needs of students with disabilities from a strengths base and from a lifelong perspective.
05. To critically evaluate journal aritcles and www resources and to write in academic style.
Select to view your study options…
Bendigo, 2018, Week 03-21, Blended
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorMary Keeffe
Unscheduled Online Class
Twelve 5.0 hours unscheduled online class per study period on any day including weekend from week 03 to week 21 and delivered via online.
Two 6.0 hours workshop per study period on weekdays during the day from week 03 to week 03 and delivered via face-to-face.
"Intensives required by International students and voluntary for domestic students. To be held 15th and 16th January in Bendigo"
|Essay (2,000 words or equiv.)||20||03, 05|
|Discussion forums to 3 learning activities (5,000 words or equiv.)||60||01, 05|
|Elective module either Relationships & Reporting OR Students with challenging behaviours/difference||20||02, 04, 05|