Credit points: 15
This fully online subject is an introduction to land management, particularly in relation to agricultural production systems and environmental and economic sustainability. Through a series of case studies, students will investigate the biological and environmental factors influencing soil and plant productivity, the effect of inputs and the economic importance of good land management.
SchoolSchool of Life Sciences
Subject Co-ordinatorAnthony Gendall
Available to Study Abroad StudentsYes
Subject year levelYear Level 2 - UG
Prerequisites AGR1AAS and must be enrolled in course LBBAB, or obtain subject coordinator approval.
Incompatible subjects AGR2ILS
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Explain the significance and relevance of soil and landscape management in agriculture
- Using case study analysis, and online group discussions, students will explore soil and landscape properties.
02. Research, develop and describe a crop and/or pasture establishment program in a format suitable for a professional audience
- Using case study analysis, and online group discussions, students will explore crop and pasture establishment.
03. Demonstrate knowledge of and explain the implications of climate change on agricultural production systems.
- Using case study analysis, and online group discussions, students will explore the impacts of climate change on production landscapes.
04. Describe and explain agronomic practices of crops and pastures in both dryland and irrigated environments
- Using case study analysis, and online group discussions, students will explore a variety of water-use issues.
Select to view your study options…
Online, 2018, Semester 2, Online
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorAnthony Gendall
Unscheduled Online Class
One 4.0 hours unscheduled online class per week on any day including weekend during the day from week 31 to week 43 and delivered via online.
Scheduled Online Class
One 1.0 hours scheduled online class per week on weekdays during the day from week 31 to week 43 and delivered via online.
"Online class discussions via delivered via Zoom, Collaborate or similar technology."
|Case study reports (equivalent to 2000 words)||One for each case study.||50||01, 02, 03, 04|
|Reflective piece (equivalent to 1000 words)||One for each case study.||20||01, 02, 03, 04|
|On-line quizzes (equivalent to 1000 words)||Weekly.||20||01, 02, 03, 04|
|Participation in on-line activties and discussion sessions (equivalent to 500 words)||Weekly.||10||01, 02, 03, 04|