2018 re-enrolment now open!
Please note: To use StudentOnLine, you'll need one of the following web browsers: Internet Explorer (7.0 and up), Firefox (2.0 and up), Safari (4.0 and up) or Opera (10.5 and up).
How to re-enrol
If you want to study in Semester 1 or Semester 2 next year, you need to re-enrol in StudentOnLine. This guarantees your spot in your course.
To re-enrol you will need to select subjects. Use the Subjects page to find details on core and elective subjects.
If you need your study plan (sometimes called a 'course grid') go to the University Handbook and use the archive menu. Remember to select the year you started your course to make sure you find the correct information.
Need some more help?
See our frequently asked questions about re-enrolment:
- Allocate+ important dates: Preference entry, sorting, allocation
- Can I re-enrol before I get my results?
- Steps to enrol in electives
- Subject and course prerequisites
- Transferring to another La Trobe course
If you have unpaid fees, there may be sanctions on your student record which will prevent you from re-enrolling.
For information on your sanction, login to StudentOnLine, select the 'Details' tab, then 'Sanctions'.
Unpaid fees or library fines are the most common reason for sanctions. Arranging payment is the quickest way to have the sanction removed. If your sanction is due to unpaid fees, login to StudentOnLine, select the 'Details' tab, then 'Documents' to view your recent Statement of Account.
If your sanction is due to a Library Debt, contact the Library.
For all other sanction enquiries, contact ASK La Trobe.
Who should re-enrol?
You need to re-enrol if:
- Your course will continue next year.
- You'll complete your course mid-year (you need to re-enrol for Semester 1).
- You're worried you will fail subjects or not completed academic requirements. Re-enrol assuming you will pass or complete academic requirements. After you get your results contact us if there is a problem.
- You have an approved Leave of Absence that finishes at the end of Semester 1 (you need to re-enrol for Semester 2).
- You're applying for a transfer to another course at La Trobe.
You don't need to re-enrol if:
- You'll complete your course at the end of this year.
- You're on an approved Leave of Absence for the whole of the next academic year.
If you're studying on a student visa, you need to stay enrolled in a full-time course. This means you need to re-enrol at the end of each academic year. You can only change your study load in special circumstances and in consultation with your Course Coordinator. If you're on a student visa, check your responsibilities before making any changes to your enrolment.
Returning from a Leave of Absence
If you're returning to study in Semester 1, re-enrol for the whole academic year. If you're returning to study in Semester 2, you still need to re-enrol before the year starts by choosing your Semester 2 subjects.
Transferring to another course
To transfer to a new course, you need to re-enrol in your current course first, then submit your transfer application. Contact us to check specific course transfer procedures.