How do I forward my student email to another email address?
La Trobe uses your student email as the primary method of contact for administrative matters via the official La Trobe University student email account. You may choose to forward your student emails to another e-mail address of your choice.
NOTE: You should always communicate with La Trobe staff using your student email account. Emails from non-La Trobe addresses may be blocked by our spam filters, or ignored by staff as they can't verify your identity. If you need to reply to a La Trobe email, make sure you do it from your La Trobe account, not your forward address.
To setup email forwarding:
- Navigate to https://portal.office.com
- Enter your student email address and password
- If you are using a private computer, tick Keep me signed in and your email address will be saved for future visits.
- Click Sign in
- Click the Mail tile
- Click Settings (gear-wheel icon) and select Mail under Your app settings
- Click Forwarding under the Accounts section
- Click Start forwarding, enter the email address you wish to forward your student email to and click Save