La Trobe Buddy Facebook Orientation Competition 2017
To celebrate the arrival of our newest students, we’re hosting a competition open to all students during Orientation 2017.
Simply ‘like’ our La Trobe University Facebook page and leave a comment telling us—in 25 words or less—who your favourite La Trobe buddy is and why.
We’ll be giving out daily prizes of vouchers to beloved snack spots and retail outlets.
Full terms and conditions below.
Terms and Conditions
- La Trobe University (ABN 64 804 735 113) (“La Trobe”) is conducting a competition titled “La Trobe Buddy Facebook Competition” (“Competition”).
- These terms and conditions apply to the Competition and by submitting your entry you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any entry that does not comply with these Terms may be deemed invalid and ineligible to win a prize.
- The Competition is open from 9.00am (AEDST) Monday 20 February 2017 to 5.00pm (AEDST) Friday 24 February 2017 (“Competition Period”). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- The Competition is open to any currently enrolled La Trobe University student who is ordinarily resident in the State of Victoria.
- ‘Like’ La Trobe University’s Facebook account; and
- Comment on our ‘Buddy’ post, explaining in 25 words or less who their La Trobe Buddy is and why
- Entry into the Competition is free. Entrants may enter the Competition multiple times but no more than once per day during the Competition Period.
- Entrants less than 18 years old must obtain the consent of a parent or guardian to enter.
- Any comments, posts, photos or videos deemed by La Trobe to be inappropriate or offensive will be ineligible to win a prize and excluded from the Competition.
By submitting an entry, each entrant warrants to La Trobe that:
- if below 18 years of age, they have the permission of their parent or guardian to enter the Competition;
- the entrant owns or has the right to submit their entry for this Competition;
- the entrant has obtained consent from any person mentioned in their entry to use their image and name for this Competition;
- their entry, and La Trobe’s use of their entry, will not:
- infringe any person’s copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- infringe any person’s privacy rights or any applicable privacy laws; or
- breach any other laws.
Each entrant grants to La Trobe a perpetual, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, publish and communicate their entry, including a right to sublicense it to other parties, in any format for the purpose of the Competition and for La Trobe’s marketing and promotional purposes.
Judging and Prizes
- La Trobe will judge all valid entries received within the Competition Period and select winners based on the most creative entries (“Prize Winners”). This Competition is not a game of chance and chance plays no part in determining the Prize Winners.
- La Trobe will select up to five entries per day during the Competition Period to win a prize. Up to 25 entrants may be selected as Prize Winners over the course of the Competition Period. An entrant may not win more than one prize.
- The Prizes will consist of $10 vouchers for outlets on Melbourne (Bundoora) campus to be redeemed for goods including food and drink. The prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The Prize Winners will be notified within 2 business days of the end of the Competition Period via a public reply or equivalent on Facebook and Prize Winners will be given directions on how to collect their Prize.
- The decisions of La Trobe regarding Prize Winners are final and will be binding on each entrant. No correspondence or communications will be entered into. If after reasonable efforts a Prize Winner cannot be contacted, cannot accept a prize or is deemed to be ineligible to enter the Competition, La Trobe reserves the right to select a different Prize Winner.
- If any event prevents or hinders the Competition or La Trobe’s ability to deliver a prize, La Trobe may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition, select another Prize Winner or provide a similar prize of equivalent value.
- La Trobe may refuse to award a prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of the relevant entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, or non-entitlement under, or breach of, these Terms. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person who submits an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the social media account on which the entry is posted.
- Each entrant consents to La Trobe using any personal information supplied or connected with their entry to be made available on its public website or on other La Trobe social media sites, or in publications for the purposes of the Competition.
Disclaimer and liability
- La Trobe accepts no responsibility for invalid, misdirected, lost or delayed entries, any incorrect or inaccurate information, any equipment or technical error, or for any defect in, theft, destruction, unauthorised access to or alteration of any entry.
- To the extent permitted by law, La Trobe will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or indirect) to persons or property as a result of any person entering the Competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize.
- To the extent permitted by law, all warranties in respect of the prize, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, are excluded. To the extent such warranties cannot be excluded by law but liability can lawfully be limited, liability is limited at La Trobe’s option to replacing the prize or the cost of replacing the prize or acquiring an equivalent item.
- The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, La Trobe’s social media channels, including Facebook, and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Competition should be directed to La Trobe.
- Each entrant releases Facebook from any and all liability for any loss, damage or injury arising out of or in relation to the Competition.
- This competition is conducted under, and must be construed by, the laws of the state of Victoria and the laws of Victoria govern the terms and conditions of this Competition.