Accept your offer
Congratulations on your offer to study at La Trobe University.
- Activate account
- Confirm details
- Accept offer
- Choose payment option
1. Activate account
- Click the Activate account link.
- Use your applicant ID and personal email to verify your identity. It needs to match the ID provided to you by VTAC, UAC or Apply Direct (including any letters). All details need to match your original application for you to continue.
- After activating your account, your student ID displays. This is your La Trobe ID and your username for StudentOnLine.
- You'll receive a confirmation email, sent to your personal email address.
Current La Trobe students
You already have a La Trobe account. Use your student ID and password to log in to StudentOnLine.
2. Confirm details
- Log on to StudentOnLine.
- Select Contact on the left sidebar menu.
- Add a semester address and emergency contact.
- Amend and confirm your phone numbers, emails and other details. Confirm everything to continue.
3. Accept offer
- Under the Offers tab, select the view button from the left-hand column to view your offer.
- Select accept, defer or decline.
4. Choose payment option
Choose your payment option and complete the Commonwealth Assistance Forms (eCAFs).
At La Trobe, the government subsidises many undergraduate and postgraduate places, known as commonwealth supported places. If you're eligible, you can defer the student contribution amount through HECS-HELP. If you have an Australian fee-paying place and you're eligible, you can defer your contribution through FEE-HELP.
As well as your tuition fees you'll pay a student services and amenities fee which covers all non-academic services costs at the university. If you're eligible, you can also defer this fee through SA-HELP.
Defer your fees: Australian citizens & permanent humanitarian visa holders
- Visit Study Assist to learn more about government payments and loans.
- Have your tax file number (TFN) handy, or apply for one at the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). You will normally receive a TFN within 28 days of applying. Apply early as the ATO receives many applications before the census date and you may not get your TFN before the deadline.
- Complete the relevant electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (eCAF) through StudentOnLine.
- You need to complete these forms by the census date.
Pay your fees upfront
- If you're an Australian permanent resident (non-humanitarian) or a New Zealand citizen you must pay your fees upfront.
- If you're an Australian citizen or permanent humanitarian visa holder, you can choose to pay your fees upfront rather than deferring your fees.
- Complete the relevant electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (eCAF) on StudentOnLine.
- Complete these forms by the census date.
You have not confirmed your place until you enrol in subjects.
Starting your course in Semester 1, 2018?
Enrolment for 2018 opens in October. We will email you with the details closer to the time.
Completed previous university study that you want credited towards your degree?
Apply for advanced standing within three working days of receiving your La Trobe offer.
Enrol in subjects
Work out your study plan and choose your subjects for this year.