Student Ambassadors Program
Our student ambassadors are high achievers, leaders among their peers, enthusiastic and passionate about La Trobe University. They're friendly, approachable and always willing to share their story and experiences. They're genuinely committed to helping future students reach their own career goals.
Representing La Trobe
Working alongside future student advisors, student ambassadors help recruit new students and promote La Trobe University. They represent La Trobe at career expos, visit secondary schools and conduct our campus tour program. As they're the face of La Trobe, they need a working knowledge of their study area, campus and facilities available to students.
All student ambassadors receive comprehensive training to develop their public speaking, communication, team participation and organisational skills. Further leadership and professional development opportunities are also available.
Transforming our program from the ground up
Why become a student ambassador?
- Receive personal and professional development in an encouraging and challenging environment.
- Develop your interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Become part of a diverse and motivated team.
- Work with students from all areas of the University.
- Be an official representative of the University.
- Enjoy social and academic networking opportunities with fellow students and staff.
- Be rewarded for sharing your experiences.
We guarantee you'll get a lot out of your ambassador experience!
How can I become a student ambassador?
Each August, the Student Engagement and Recruitment team begins a process of employing approximately 30 student ambassadors from different study areas and backgrounds. If you're interested in applying, please express your interest via firstname.lastname@example.org