International course fees FAQs

When are my fees due?

Your fees must be paid by the payment due date for each subject issued on your statement of account. The statement of account is sent throughout the year to your student email account and is available in StudentOnLine on the 'Documents' page under the 'Personal' tab. The statement of account shows all the payment options available.

What happens if I don't pay my fees by the due date?

You must pay your fees by the due date. Reminder notices and Final notices will be sent to you. Sanctions will be imposed to restrict services and a late payment fee may also be charged, see

Cancellation notices will be issued immediately after the census date.

What are sanctions?

Sanctions are imposed when fees are overdue. Sanctions restrict services and prevent your access to StudentOnLine to vary your enrolment, and access results and transcripts. Sanctions may interrupt access to the Learning Management System and student email. Sanctions are lifted automatically when all overdue fees are paid.

When will my enrolment be cancelled and how will I be notified?

Immediately after the census date, if you have overdue fees a cancellation notice will be sent to you. This notice details the actions required and allows for 20 days to appeal the cancellation process. Appeals must be submitted to ASK La Trobe.

To revive your enrolment after cancellation, you need to pay all overdue and revival fees. For further information, see:

A completed Revival of Enrolment form with payment receipts will need to be submitted to La Trobe International office in person or by email on

How do I appeal my cancellation of enrolment?

If you wish to appeal the decision to cancel your enrolment, you have 20 working days from the date of the cancellation letter to submit a written application to ASK La Trobe. You must describe your reasons for your appeal.

An appeal may only be considered:

  • if you feel there were errors in the process
  • if you have new information about circumstances that have contributed to your inability to pay your tuition fees by the specified date(s). These circumstances are generally those that are beyond your control and have an impact on your course progress or wellbeing. You must provide evidence of these reasons with supporting documentation.

Can I have a fee extension?

We do not offer fee extensions under normal circumstances. If you are having problems paying in one lump sum by the due date, you are welcome to pay your fees in smaller amounts, ensuring your fees are paid in full by the census date to avoid cancellation of your enrolment. If you are not able to pay your fees by the census date, you can apply for a fee extension. You will need to provide valid documentation as supporting evidence to your application.  Late applications will not be considered.

Fee extension might be granted based on a case-by-case basis as follows:

  1. Special circumstances with valid reason (with supporting documented evidence) why you are unable to pay your fees on time.
  2. You have not been granted any fee extensions previously during the duration of your course.

Fee extensions will not be granted in the following circumstances:

  • If you are a new commencing student
  • If you have been granted a previous fee extension during the duration of your current enrolled course or previously enrolled courses
  • Poor payment history – more than one FO3 sanctions imposed on your account due to overdue fees.
  • Enrolment previously terminated and revived

Fee extension application form - Semester 2, 2017 [328KB]

What if I cannot pay my fees?

If you cannot pay your fees at all, you must contact La Trobe International Student Services to discuss your options. Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible to apply for relevant scholarships.

How do I pay from an overseas bank?

Please note that all payment details are contained in your Offer Acceptance Form, which you receive with your offer. If you experience any difficulty with making a payment, please contact La Trobe International at for further assistance.