Document requirements for placements
Preparing for placement
The agencies where you attend placements require you meet certain requirements. These include:
- Police Check
- Working With Children Check
- First Aid/CPR certification
The university holds these documents and can be produced for agencies upon request. The university needs your consent to release these documents to agencies.
Please complete the Consent and student acknowledgement form [PDF 426KB].
Police Check and Working With Children Check
You are required to obtain a Police Check and Working With Children Check prior to starting any placement.
For Police Checks please refer to the Police Records check guidelines [PDF 131KB] and Fit2Work User Guide - Student Police Checks [PDF 1.3MB].
Please also refer to the Working With Children Check guidelines. You can download the Working with Children Check guidelines [PDF 169KB].
The university and agencies can refuse a placement if you fail to provide a WWCC card and Police Check certificate.
All students must have the following immunisations:
- Hepatitis B – documented history of 3 doses PLUS evidence of blood levels >10mlIU/ml after vaccinations
- Hepatitis A – documented history of 2 doses OR evidence of blood levels >10mlIU/ml after vaccinations
- Influenza – in year of study
- Measles – documented history of two doses OR evidence of blood levels >10mlIU/ml after vaccinations
- Mumps – documented history of two doses OR evidence of blood levels >10mlIU/ml after vaccinations
- Rubella – documented history of two doses OR evidence of blood levels >10mlIU/ml after vaccinations
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis – documented primary course plus any boosters, not older than 10 years
- Polio – documented primary course
- Tuberculin status – documented Mantoux Test or Quantiferon Gold assay
- Varicella – positive varicella IgG serology OR received two doses of varicella vaccine.
You must complete the La Trobe Immunisation form [PDF 155KB].
Please refer to the Immunisation FAQs and letter for your GP.
- Immunisation FAQs [PDF 312KB]
- Letter for your GP (Clinical placement immunisation letter) [PDF 367KB]
First aid and CPR
Some placements require you to have either/or First Aid certification and CPR. These are mandatory for Nursing and Midwifery students.
La Trobe University offers you the opportunity to complete the First Aid training and CPR at our campuses. Please refer to the First Aid training information for upcoming dates and times.
You need to be aware that your discipline might have other documents and requirements that you need to complete before undertaking placement. Contact the Student Placement team if you need help.
All documents need to be uploaded to InPlace.