Week 1: Connect with your campus
For many new students, the highest priorities in week 1 are finding their way around campus and online, sorting out their timetable and getting to know their classmates. Whatever your concerns, there are resources and people to help you.
Sort out your timetable
If you're having difficulty sorting out your timetable, visit or call ASK La Trobe.
Find your way
If you're having trouble figuring out room and building codes, take a look at our guide to classroom and building codes.
Connect to your online class resources
Each of your subjects will have materials and activities on the Learning Management System (LMS). If you're having difficulty using the system, talk to your tutor or call Student IT Support on 1300 786 535 (all campuses).
Connect with other students
There are many opportunities to meet new people who share your interests at university:
- Take the initiative and introduce yourself to the people sitting around you in lectures and tutorials.
- Join a club or study-discipline society.
- Join a La Trobe sporting team at the Bendigo or Melbourne campuses.
- Explore volunteer and leadership opportunities.
Things to do in your first week
- Complete the Academic Integrity and Wominjeka La Trobe Modules.
- Read through the Subject Learning Guide for each of your subjects to find out about your assessment requirements, reading lists and staff details. The Guide is in LMS..
- Get to know your Library – attend a starter class and register your student card so you can use Library resources.
- View the Wiki on How to create a study schedule, then plan your schedule.
- Check your university email account for official messages.