Accept your offer and enrol in subjects
Congratulations on your offer to study at La Trobe University.
Follow the steps below to activate your account, enrol and secure your place.
- Set up your account
- Accept offer
- Confirm your personal details and payment option
- Enrol in all of your subjects
Once you have completed all of the above 4 steps, you have secured your place.
1. Set up your account
- Click the Activate account link below.
- You'll need your applicant ID and personal email to verify your identity. It needs to match the ID provided to you by VTAC, UAC or Apply Direct (including any letters). All details need to match your original application for you to continue.
- After activating your account, your student ID displays. This is your La Trobe ID and your username for StudentOnLine.
- You'll receive a confirmation email, sent to your personal email address.
Current La Trobe students
You already have a La Trobe account. Use your student ID and password to log in to StudentOnLine.
2. Accept your offer
- Log onto StudentOnLine.
- Under the Offers tab, select the view button from the left-hand column to view your offer.
- Select accept, defer or decline.
3. Confirm your personal details and payment option
- Confirm your personal details via StudentOnLine.
- Select Contact on the left sidebar menu.
- You must add a semester / term address and emergency contact.
- Amend and confirm your phone numbers, emails and other details. Confirm everything to continue.
- Confirm your payment option and complete the Commonwealth Assistance Forms (eCAFs).
At La Trobe, the government subsidises many undergraduate and postgraduate places, known as commonwealth supported places. If you're eligible, you can defer the student contribution amount through HECS-HELP. If you have an Australian fee-paying place and you're eligible, you can defer your contribution through FEE-HELP.
As well as your tuition fees you'll pay a student services and amenities fee which covers all non-academic services costs at the university. If you're eligible, you can also defer this fee through SA-HELP.
Defer your fees: Australian citizens & permanent humanitarian visa holders
- Visit Study Assist to learn more about government payments and loans.
- Have your tax file number (TFN) handy, or apply for one at the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). You will normally receive a TFN within 28 days of applying. Apply early as the ATO receives many applications before the census date and you may not get your TFN before the deadline.
- Complete the relevant electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (eCAF) through StudentOnLine.
- You need to complete these forms by the census date.
Pay your fees upfront
- If you're an Australian permanent resident (non-humanitarian) or a New Zealand citizen you must pay your fees upfront.
- If you're an Australian citizen or permanent humanitarian visa holder, you can choose to pay your fees upfront rather than deferring your fees.
- Complete the relevant electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (eCAF) on StudentOnLine.
- Complete these forms by the census date.
4. Enrol in your subjects
You haven't confirmed your place until you enrol in all your subjects. Read the University Handbook to understand your course structure and help choose your subjects.Enrol
Completed previous university study that you want credited towards your degree?
Apply for advanced standing within three working days of receiving your La Trobe offer.