Course Transfer

Course transfers will only be assessed after the official release of results.

Application deadlines

College of Arts, Social Sciences and Commerce (ASSC) timely course transfer applications for Semester 2, 2017 close on the 10 July. Applications may be considered up until Friday 21 July, subject to availability of places within courses.

College of Science, Heath and Engineering (SHE) transfer applications for Semester 2, 2017 close on the 10 July. Please note that Health Sciences courses are not eligible for mid-year transfer.

Please note that not all courses are available for transfer. Law courses and Health Science courses have slightly different transfer processes to other courses.

We strongly encourage you to seek course advice before submitting an application.

Information we'll consider when evaluating transfer requests:

  1. Entrance requirements for the new course
  2. Academic performance to date
  3. Length of time in current course
  4. Rationale for requesting transfer
  5. Places available in the course into which you wish to transfer

Course-specific requirements

International students

If you are an international student you will need to have your completed International Application for Course Transfer [PDF 140KB] approved by the La Trobe International Office before it can be submitted by the school.

Domestic students

If you are a domestic student you will need to complete the Domestic Application for Course Transfer form [PDF 2.60MB].

Change campus

To change campus and remain in the same course (where the course is offered at more than one campus) you will need to apply for a course transfer. Fill out one of the below application forms and submit it to ASK La Trobe or your local student administration office.

Please note that some campuses do not have the same subject offerings as the others. Before you apply for a transfer, make sure you check the University Handbook entry for the relevant campus to ensure that the subjects/majors and course/s are available and meet your needs.

Study at another university

If you want to study at another university, you will need to contact that university directly.

Once you have confirmed a place at another university, please make sure that you formally discontinue your enrolment by the relevant census date. Please complete and submit the Discontinuation of Enrolment form [PDF 2MB] at ASK La Trobe or your local student administration office for regional campuses.