Westpac Banking Corporation Award
The Westpac Banking Corporation Award began as the Bank of New South Wales Award in 1967. The prize is awarded annually by the Bank to a student who has shown sound academic progress together with an involvement in community service.
Value of award
One award valued at $1000 may be made annually.
In addition to having a current enrolment at La Trobe at the time of application and meeting the general requirements, applicants must be able to demonstrate that they:
- have completed the first year of an undergraduate degree and
- have undertaken the equivalent of a least one full-time year of study at La Trobe
- have sound academic results (note: any student who is repeating a year shall be ineligible to apply for this award)
- have carried out community service either within or outside the University during the time of their degree. Any community service undertaken as part of a course assessment will not be considered.
Required supporting documentation
- Letters of support from two key people who have been involved in or experienced the work you have done in the community and who can comment on the information you have provided in your application.
How can I apply
Downloand an application form and submit to the Scholarships Unit by 31 July 2014.
Please read the Community Award Guidelines before completing the application form.