Volunteer to be a Team Manager
The Team Manager plays an integral role in the coordination of each sport team for University Games.
Please return completed Team Manager nomination forms to the Sport Development Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
La Trobe Sport seek to appoint Team Managers with the following qualities:
- Ability to work as part of a large team, take direction and work individually where required.
- Is committed to the values of La Trobe Sport, abides to the Code of Conduct and to providing students with a positive University Games experience.
- Ability to work with people from different backgrounds, be approachable and can communicate effectively with students, staff and event management.
- Ability to solve problems and seek assistance when appropriate, demonstrate leadership and initiative, be resourceful and drive the team to a positive outcome.
Skills and experience
Whilst is it not essential that applicants have previous experience in managing sports teams, it is desirable that applicants can demonstrate the following:
- A basic knowledge of the sport, the skills required, and an understanding of the rules.
- Is a member of the relevant Sports Club or has had some sports administration skills and experience.
Benefits of being a Team Manager
- An opportunity to develop a range of skills in planning, coordination, problem solving, fundraising and team management.
- Exposure to event management and basic risk management procedures.
- An opportunity to develop effective leadership skills, working in conjunction with the La Trobe Sport team.
- Additional training and professional development opportunities for sport leaders within La Trobe Sport.
- Recognition of contribution to La Trobe University Games team, in the form of a written reference upon request.
Contact La Trobe Sport to discuss your interest and submission.