Nicknames: Fuhrminator – it was the name placed on my race number at club racing.
Place of birth: Seymour
Please list your sporting career highlights:
- 1st Stage 2, 11km ITT Bendigo Tour
- 1st Stage 1 Wangarrata Tour
- 1st 40km Seymour Broadford ITT
- 31st U23 National TT Championships
- 3rd 18km Wangaratta ITT
- 4th GC Bendigo Tour
- 4th GC Wangarrata Tour
- 4th Victorian Country Road Championships
- 5th 25 km Geelong ITT
- 5th Stage 1 Tour of East Gippsland (VRS)
- 10th 20km Castlemaine ITT
- 11th Phillip Island Spectacular
- 12th Stage 2 ITT Tour of the South West
At what age did you start seriously training and competing in your sport(s)?
What (and/or who) got you started in the sport?
Glen Christensen A local bike shop ownerent me a bike as I wanted to try something new and I never looked back. He provided me with much guidance in my early years.
Who has been the biggest influence in your sporting career?
- Matthew Wallace – My cycling coach has been instrumental in getting my cycling abilities to where they are today. Working with me in my training and approach to cycling and life.
- Mark Jamieson – A former world champion on the velodrome, he has been a great mentor of mine. He has shown me what it takes to become a world class cyclist.
Who has been the biggest influence in your academic life?
My father. He is a teacher at the local school.
Do you support any other sport and/or teams?
Seymour Sharks Swimming Club. I have been involved with the swimming club since I was about 6 years old - I trained and competed with them for many years. In the last couple of years I have coached the younger swimmers, using the knowledge I acquired from my time in the pool.
How do you relax? Do you have other life interests outside of your sport?
Sitting down with a coffee and talking with friends is the way that I like to relax.
What is your favourite food? Movie? Music/performer?
- Weetbix. I have been known amongst family and friends for my ability to consume a large number of Weetbix in single sittings.
- My favourite movies would have to be the Lord of the Rings trilogy. There is just nothing else quite like them.
What was the best advice you were ever given?
Always enjoy riding your bike.
Do you have a saying or motto that you live your life by?
Enjoy what you do with the time that is given to you because you can't get it back.