Place of birth: Melbourne
Nicknames and how did you earn them? Han
Please list your sporting career highlights:
- 2014 UCI Para Road World Cup – Bronze medal in Women's C4 road race
- 2010-2013 Australian Para Road and Track Cycling Championships – Two Silver and Ten Bronze Medals in the Women's C4 classification
- 2008 Beijing Paralympic Games- Team Captain for the Australian Paralympic Swim Team; competed in 100m backstroke and 200 IM
- 2004 Athens Paralympic Games - Bronze Medal in the 4 x 100m Female Medley Relay, 4th in the S10 100m Backstroke
- 2002/14 VIS Scholarship Holder Full and Talent Transfer scholarships
- 2002/03 World Record in the S10 Women's 50m Backstroke
At what age did you start seriously training and competing in your sport(s)?
- Swimming – age 9
- Cycling – age 22
What (and/or who) got you started in the sport?
- Swimming – I picked up a gold medal at the state swimming champs and thought 'Hey, I am not too bad at this!'
- Cycling – I wanted to compete in another Paralympic Games. Through a process of eliminaition (no hand/eye coordination, can't run to save my life) it boiled down to rowing or cycling. Rowing was another early morning, water-based sport. Cycling it was.
Are other family members involved in sport?
I seem to have the sole sporting genes.
Who has been the biggest influence in your sporting career?
Don Elgin – my mentor, manager, motivator, butt-kicker, support, and friend.
Who has been the biggest influence in your academic life?
A cliché, but probably my mum and her attitude towards education.
Do you support any other sport and/or teams? Please explain.
I am an odd Melbournite and do not follow AFL.
How do you relax? Do you have other life interests outside of your sport?
I may be a massive foodie and love trying new healthy recipes and exploring Melbourne's café culture.
What is one thing that might surprise readers to learn about you?
I can do the splits (only with my leg off though)
What is your favourite food? Movie? Music/performer?
Berries, chocolate, and veggies. Pirates of the Caribbean. I love unwinding with the pianist, George Winston.
What was the best advice you were ever given?
If you want something badly enough in life, get up off your butt and do something about it!
Do you have a saying or motto that you live your life by?
Ride with a purpose. Ride with a smile. Ride in the moment.