Nicknames: Alex, Lex
Place of birth: Lilydale, Melbourne
Please list your sporting career highlights:
- I was top 40 in Australia In every age group
- I won best player in the district 3 years in a row; won 4 Victorian pennant flags (club tennis)
- competed in the 12 & 14 and under nationals events (I made the quarterfinals of the 14s nationals lead in event and was 1 out of 3 Victorian's seeded in the main draw event)
- undefeated in the pennant club tennis competition for 4-5 years
- selected to represent Victoria in team tennis
- I began playing senior pennant (18 and over) at the age of 11, and was playing this competition at the highest level at the age of 14.
Selected to play in premier league and Asia league teams three years in a row (In those three seasons I only lost one match in each season). In this level of competition there are player ratings, for the three seasons I have been consistently top three out of every player that competed, which is approximately 56 players. My team made the semi-finals of this competition in 2011.
- competed on the ITF pro circuit on and off since 2010, where I competed interstate and internationally
- I compete in the top prize money tournaments in Australia
- I also play club tennis at the highest grade at the number one position, before and after the premiere and Asia-pacific league seasons begin.
At what age did you start seriously training and competing in your sport(s)?
I began playing tournaments when I was age seven and always played up in older age groups.
What (and/or who) got you started in the sport?
My parents' introduced me to the sport so I wouldn't have gotten into it if it wasn't for them.
Are other family members involved in sport? If so, please outline.
My family have always played tennis for fun, but never competed as I have.
Who has been the biggest influence in your sporting career?
My coaches have had the most influence on me growing up - they trained me and told me that I was good enough to try and compete professionally. My parents and coaches support has been very important.
Who has been the biggest influence in your academic life?
My parents always wanted me to finish school and go to University regardless of how well my tennis career was going.
How do you relax? Do you have other life interests outside of your sport?
Watching movies or walking along the beach.
What is your favourite food? Movie? Music/performer?