Getting here and parking
Distance from Melbourne: approx 180 km
Main campus: 210 Fryers Street Shepparton.
Students also use library and auditorium facilities at the nearby Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE (152-200 Fryers Street). The Goulburn Valley Health Library is in Graham Street Shepparton. It houses health science reference books.
Getting to Shepparton
Shepparton is about a 2.5-hour drive from Melbourne, along the Hume and Goulburn Valley highways. V/Line runs daily trains and coach services from Melbourne to Shepparton. La Trobe is about a one kilometre walk from the railway station.
Directions from the station to La Trobe:
- Turn left out of the station into Purcell Road.
- Take the next left into St Georges Road.
- Turn left into High Street at the traffic lights.
- Cross over the railway line.
- At the next traffic lights (about 200m), turn right into North Street.
- The campus is in the second block along, on the corner of North and Fryers streets.
Shepparton Taxi: 131 008
Greater Shepparton Taxi: (+61 3) 5822 2214
Several Shepparton bus routes run near La Trobe’s campus: see the Shepparton Transit website for route maps and timetables.
Limited visitor parking is available next to the building in Stewart Street. Ask at Reception for a permit card to park there. There are two more parking areas, which are shared with Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE.
A disabled parking space is available at the front of the building (entry from Fryers Street). There is also free, on-street parking near the building and surrounding streets, but time limits apply.