Dr Dianhui Wang
Reader and Associate Professor
Faculty of Science, Technology and Engineering
School of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences
Department of Computer Science and Computer Engineering
Beth Gleeson room 232, Melbourne (Bundoora)
BScCM, MScAppM, PhD NEU, PDF NTU
Membership of professional associations
Senior member of IEEE
Area of study
I am working as a Reader and Associate Professor in Computer Science, La Trobe University. My working area include data mining and computational intelligence systems for bioinformatics, conten-based image retrieval and engineering applications. My current research foucuses are: (i) computational discovery of DNA motifs from co-regulated genes; (ii) random learning techniques for large scale data processing with engineering applications; image recognition, restoration and retrieval.
Since 2001, I have taught data mining (CSE4DMI), Visual information systems (CSE3/4VIS) and computational intelligence (CSE3/4CI) at La Trobe University.
Selected publications (out of 180 publications)
Wang, D., and Tapan, S. (2013) "A Robust Eliciation Algorithm for Discovering DNA Motifs using Fuzzy Self-Organizing Maps." IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, vol. 24 / 10, pp. 1677-1688.
Du, J., Yang. Y., Wang, D., and Guo, C. (2013) "A robust adaptive neural networks controller for maritime dynamic positioning system." Neurocomputing, vol. 110, pp. 128-136.
Huang, G.-B., and Wang, D. (eds.)(2013) Neurocomputing: an international journal, vol. 102, pp. 1-184.
- Lee, K., Man, Z., Wang, D., and Cao, D. (2013) "Classification of bioinformatics dataset using finite impulse response extreme learning machine for cancer diagnosis." Neural Computing and Applications, vol. 22 / 3-4, pp. 457-468.
- Li, W., Wang, D., and Chai, T. (2013) "Burning state recognition of rotary kiln using ELMs with heterogeneous features." Neurocomputing, vol. 102, pp. 144-153.
Man, Z., Lee, K., Wang, D., Cao, Z., and Khoo, S. (2013) "An optional weight learning machine for handwritten digit image recognition." Signal Processing, vol. 93 / 6, pp. 1624-1638.
Tao, D., Wang, D., and Murtagh, F. (eds.)(2013) Signal Processing, vol. 93 / 6.
Wang, D., and Alhamdoosh, M. (2013) "Evolutionary extreme learning machine ensembles with size control."Neurocomputing, vol. 102, pp. 98-110.
Wang, Y. F., Wang, D. H., and Chai, T. Y. (2013) "State Estimate-Based Robust Adaptive Control of a Linked Mass-Spring System with Nonlinear Friction." Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, vol. 135 / 2, pp. 1-8.
Zhao, L., Wang, D., and Chai, T. (2013) "Estimation of effluent quality using PLS-based extreme learning machines." Neural Computing and Applications, vol. 22 / 3-4, pp. 509-519.
D. H. Wang and S. Tapan, MISCORE: a new scoring function for characterizing DNA regulatory motifs in promoter sequences, BMC Systems Biology, 6(Suppl 2):S4, December 2012. (IF=3.148)
- W. T. Li, D. H. Wang and T. Y. Chai, Flame image-based burning state recognition for sintering process of rotary kiln using heterogeneous features and fuzzy integral, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, Vol. 8, No.4, pp. 780 - 790, 2012.
- Y. F. Wang, D. H. Wang, and T. Y. Chai, Extraction and adaptation of fuzzy rules for friction modeling and control, IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 682-693, 2011.
- N. K. Lee and D. H. Wang, SOMEA: self-organizing map based extraction algorithm for DNA motif identification with heterogeneous model, BMC Bioinformatics, Vol. 12, (Suppl 1): S16, 2011.
- K. Meng, Z. Y. Dong, D. H. Wang, and K. P. Wong, Self-adaptive RBF neural network classifier for transformer fault analysis, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 25, No.3, pp. 1350-1360, 2010.
- R. Yu and D. H. Wang, On impulsive mode of linear singular systems subject to decentralized output feedback, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 48, No. 10, pp. 1804-1809, 2003.
- R. Yu and D. H. Wang, Further study on structural properties of LTI singular systems under output feedback, Automatica, Vol.39, No.4, pp. 685-692, 2003.
- R. Yu and D. H. Wang, Algebraic properties of singular systems subject to decentralized output feedback, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 47, No.11, pp. 1898 –1903, 2002.
- D. H. Wang and P. Bao, Robust impulse control of uncertain singular systems by decentralized output feedback, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol.45, No.3, pp.500-505, 2000.
- D. H. Wang and C. B. Soh, On regularizing singular systems by decentralized output feedback, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol.44, No.1, pp.148-152, 1999.
Topic 1: Computational localisation of transcription factor binding sites for large scale co-regulated senquences
We aim to develop advanced computational approaches for identifying putative functional patterns in biological sequences with good reliability and scalability. Currently we focus on discovery of single transcription factor binding sites using clustering, fuzzy logic, evolutionary computation and phylogenetic footprinting techniques.
Topic 2: Advanced learning algorithms for random weight neural networks with engineering applications
Topic 3: Robust fuzzy systems for time-series forecasting with business applications