Dr Dianhui Wang
Reader and Associate Professor
College of Science, Health and Engineering
School of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences
Department of Comp. Science and Information Technology
Beth Gleeson room 232, Melbourne (Bundoora)
BScCM, MScAppM, PhD NEU, PDF NTU
Membership of professional associations
Senior member of IEEE
Area of study
I am working as a Reader and Associate Professor in Computer Science, La Trobe University. My working area include data mining and computational intelligence systems for bioinformatics and engineering applications. My current research foucuses are: (i) computational discovery of DNA motifs from co-regulated genes; (ii) advance learning techniques for industrial data modeling; and (iii) neural network classifier design with applications.
Since 2001, I have taught data mining (CSE4DMI), Visual information systems (CSE3/4VIS) and computational intelligence (CSE3/4CI) at La Trobe University.
Selected publications (out of 180 publications)
D. Wang and S. Tapan, A Robust Eliciation Algorithm for Discovering DNA Motifs using Fuzzy Self-Organizing Maps. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, vol. 24 / 10, pp. 1677-1688, 2013.
D. Wang and S. Tapan, MISCORE: a new scoring function for characterizing DNA regulatory motifs in promoter sequences, BMC Systems Biology, 6(Suppl 2):S4, December 2012.
W. T. Li, D. Wang and T. Y. Chai, Flame image-based burning state recognition for sintering process of rotary kiln using heterogeneous features and fuzzy integral, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, Vol. 8, No.4, pp. 780 - 790, 2012.
- Y. F. Wang, D. Wang, and T. Y. Chai, Extraction and adaptation of fuzzy rules for friction modeling and control, IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 682-693, 2011.
- R. Yu and D. Wang, On impulsive mode of linear singular systems subject to decentralized output feedback, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 48, No. 10, pp. 1804-1809, 2003.
- R. Yu and D. Wang, Further study on structural properties of LTI singular systems under output feedback, Automatica, Vol.39, No.4, pp. 685-692, 2003.
- R. Yu and D. Wang, Algebraic properties of singular systems subject to decentralized output feedback, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 47, No.11, pp. 1898 –1903, 2002.
- D. Wang and P. Bao, Robust impulse control of uncertain singular systems by decentralized output feedback, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol.45, No.3, pp.500-505, 2000.
- D. Wang and C. B. Soh, On regularizing singular systems by decentralized output feedback, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol.44, No.1, pp.148-152, 1999.
Topic 1: Subtle pattern discovery and recognition for DNA sequences using neural networks and fuzzy logic systems
Topic 2: Industrial data modeling using neural networks with random weights
Topic 3: Advance neural network classifier design