About the School
The La Trobe Rural Health School (LRHS) was established to provide better opportunities and choices in tertiary education for students in rural and regional communities in Central and Northern Victoria. LRHS has a strong interest in working with communities to improve the health, social care and wellbeing of people in rural and regional areas.
We are active across all La Trobe regional campuses: Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Shepparton and Mildura.
Welcome from the Head of School Professor Pamela Snow
Welcome to the La Trobe Rural Health School. We are a multi-disciplinary, multi-campus School with a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate course offerings in nursing, dentistry, and allied health. In addition to high-quality clinical programs, our staff are involved in a range of research projects on rural and regional wellbeing.
Many of our courses are accredited with organisations such as:
- the Occupational Therapy Council (Australia and New Zealand)
- the Australian Dental Council
- the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council
- Speech Pathology Australia
- the Australian Physiotherapy Council
- the Council of Ambulance Authorities Inc.
- the Australian Association of Social Workers
- Exercise and Sports Science Australia.
The School is comprised of the following departments:
- Department of Community and Allied Health
- Department of Dentistry and Oral Health
- Rural Nursing and Midwifery.