VicRoads/La Trobe University Internship
Status: Opening Date: 04/01/2016 Closing Date: 31/03/2016
The VicRoads/La Trobe University Engineering Internship Program has been established to provide support for the completion of a tertiary qualification of future professional engineering staff. It is available to full-time students commencing the Bachelor of Engineering course or one of the Engineering double degree courses, at the Bendigo campus of La Trobe University.
The benefits of the program are as follows:
- the total value of the scholarship is $22,000 over the (4 year duration of the course)
- fully-paid work experience during the course (up to 12 weeks per year)
- financial support in the form of $500 per year for books based on receipt reimbursement over the (4 year duration of the course)
- access to career mentoring advice from VicRoads professional Civil Engineers.
Are you eligible to apply?
- have completed secondary education in Northern Victoria
- be enrolled as a first year full-time student in an undergraduate Civil Engineering course at the Bendigo campus of La Trobe University
- have a strong academic background
- the internship is tenable for the normal length of the course, subject to satisfactory academic performance and an annual interview.
Current first year undergraduates
- Science Health and Engineering
How are successful applicants selected?
- High academic achiever
Duration of course
How can I apply
- complete the application form
- arrange for completion of the Reference section by your Principal, Teacher, or Year 12 Coordinator (as appropriate for the type of scholarship)
- attach a complete list of subject grades to date from Years 11 and 12
- attach a resume to your Scholarship Application Form
- detail on A4 piece of paper why you are interested in the Scholarship, outlining your career goals and attach to your application
- submit completed Application Form.
Who to contact for further information
SEMS Administration Office