The George and Lisl Singer Scholarship
Who is it for?
Where is it available?
Melbourne, Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, City, Franklin Street, Mildura, Shepparton
How is it paid?
Gary Singer and Geoffrey Smith wish to fund an undergraduate scholarship named after Gary’s parents, George and Lisl Singer who migrated to Australia. Professor Singer was appointed the Foundation Chair of Psychological Science and as Director from the influential Brian-Behaviour Institute (BBRI) which he established in the School.
During his distinguished career at La Trobe, Professor Singer received many honours. He was elected as a fellow of both the Australian Academic of Social Sciences and the American Association for the Advancement of Science. He received the Australian Cross (1st Class) for his contributions to science and was appointed as an Honorary Director of the Beijing Behaviour Research Institute.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen; permanent resident or holder of a humanitarian visa, who was not born in Australia;
- be intending to commence full-time study in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree in Psychology* in 2018
- be intending to enrol at any campus of La Trobe University;
- be experiencing financial disadvantage
*Eligible course list:
- Bachelor of Human Services and Master of Social Work
- Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Clinical Psychology
- Master of Clinical Neuropsychology
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- Application addressing the eligibility criteria, including a personal statement detailing career goals and ambitions and a statement of financial situation (up to 500 words)
- Evidence of financial disadvantage
- Endorsement of the applicant by the donors
- Preference will be given to applicants over the age of 21 years.
How to apply
Applications for students commencing in 2018 will open on 9 October 2017.
The application form will be made available when applications open.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, email@example.com