Students from a Refugee Background - Bursary
Status: Opening Date: 01/02/2017 Closing Date: 10/10/2017
La Trobe University recognises the important contribution that people from a refugee background make to the Australian community and is therefore pleased to offer a number of $500 bursaries in 2017 for commencing students from a refugee background who hold a Permanent Humanitarian Visa or Australian Citizenship.
To assist students from a refugee background starting university, all eligible commencing undergraduate domestic students who have a refugee background, and who register with the Support Program for Students with a Refugee Background, will receive a bursary which is valued at $500.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible, applicants must:
- have a refugee background and hold a Permanent Humanitarian Visa or Australian Citizenship; and
- be commencing an undergraduate degree at La Trobe University in 2017 (commencing students are defined as those starting a university course at first year undergraduate level for the first time at any institution.); and
- be enrolled as a Commonwealth supported or domestic fee paying student.
Current first year undergraduates
- Arts Social Sciences and Commerce
- Science Health and Engineering
How are successful applicants selected?
- Refugee background
- Other hardship or disadvantage
How can I apply
Please contact Equity and Diversity to make an appointment to see a contact officer on your campus: 03 9479 2900
Who to contact for further information
Equity and Diveristy