Pearl of Hope Bursary
Who is it for?
2nd year undergraduates, 3rd year undergraduates
Where is it available?
Melbourne, Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, City, Mildura, Shepparton
How is it paid?
Ms Anna Richtarik has established this bursary for worthy second or third year undergraduate students who are deemed by the University to be experiencing disadvantage.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- be a Australian citizen, New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or Permanent Humanitarian Visa holder
- be in your second or third year of your undergraduate degree in 2018
- be able to demonstrate educational disadvantage, including but not limited to:
- financial hardship
- significant caring responsibilities
- disability or medical condition
- refugee status
- relocation from a regional or remote location
- or other hardship or disadvantage
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- application addressing selection criteria
- personal statement describing educational disadvantage
- documentary evidence from appropriately qualified individuals or organisations to support your personal statement describing the nature and impact of your disadvantage.
Examples of documentary evidence are:
- a statement of support (which may include a statement from a medical practitioner)
- proof of financial disadvantage e.g. Centrelink benefit statement, ATO statements, recent pay slips.
Please note, a responsible person must provide a statement of support. A responsible person is someone who:
- is an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident who is 18 years or older and has known you for at least 12 months; and
- is not related to you by birth, marriage, de factor or same sex relationship; and
- does not live with you or reside at your residence and is in a position to comment knowledgeably about your situation without having to be briefed by you about the circumstances.
How to apply
To apply for this bursary, please click on the link below:
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, firstname.lastname@example.org