LTU Mildura Chances Scholarship
Status: Opening Date: 13/02/2017 Closing Date: 10/03/2017
Chances for Children, Mildura wishes to fund scholarships. Chances for Children was established in 2000 to ensure that all children and young people in the communities of north‐west Victoria and south –west New South Wales have the opportunity to achieve their full potential regardless of their family’s financial circumstances. In 15 years of operation Chances for Children has invested nearly $4 million in assisting 1500 children and young people.
The University is a founding partner of Chances for Children and began contributing financially in 2001. Since this time $193,694 has been invested in 42 young people to enable them to attend La Trobe University, Mildura.
Chances for Children values this partnership as without this support and the support of other individuals and businesses the program could not enable young people in the Mallee to realise their potential.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, holder of Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa;
- be a student who is studying any undergraduate program full time at the La Trobe University Mildura Campus;
- be experiencing financial disadvantage if committing to full-time study.
The recipient of the scholarship shall be selected by the University on the basis of:
- an application form addressing the eligibility criteria; including a personal statement detailing how the scholarship will benefit your studies; and a personal statement of your financial situation (up to 500 words).
- an interview with La Trobe University Mildura and the donors;
- endorsement of the application by the donors.
How are successful applicants selected?
- Financial disadvantage
How can I apply
Applications are now closed.
Who to contact for further information