Julie Miller Markoff Visual Arts Award
(1 Year Duration)
Who is it for?
3rd year undergraduates, Honours, Future postgraduate coursework, Postgraduate coursework, 4th year undergraduates
Where is it available?
How is it paid?
This award is administered by La Trobe University and was established from a donation by Julie Miller Markoff. This award is to assist students in the transition from art school to the professional world of exhibition and industry. Students must be studying the Bachelor of Visual Arts, Bachelor of Creative Arts or Masters of Visual Art based at either the Bendigo or Mildura campuses. This award is open to all third year, honours or postgraduate students
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be currently studying in third year, fourth year (Honours), or a Postgraduate course
- Be studying the Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Creative Arts or Masters of Visual Art
- Be based at either the Mildura or Bendigo campus
- Be able to articulate the benefits of the award and direction that their work will take with the assistance of the award.
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- Performance at a high academic and studio level
- Ability to articulate a proposed body of work suitable for a major solo exhibition.
- Demonstration of a developmental process that builds on their previous work or reframes it and takes a fresh direction or shows a maturity of practice.
How to apply
Applications must include evidence of enrolment into full time final year undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the Bendigo/Mildura campus in the College of Arts, Social Science and Commerce.
Who to contact for further information
Melissa Scott, Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org