Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarships
Upcoming in 2018
Who is it for?
Future undergraduates, 1st year undergraduates
Where is it available?
Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Melbourne, Mildura, Shepparton, City, Franklin Street
How is it paid?
Commonwealth Indigenous Scholarships aim to assist Indigenous Australian students by providing financial support for general education or accommodation costs associated with full-time study usually in an undergraduate degree program at a campus of La Trobe University.
There are different types of Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarships available:
|Name||Eligibility||2016 Rate *|
|Indigenous Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship (I-CECS)||New and continuing Indigenous students||$2599|
|Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship (I-CAS)||New and continuing Indigenous students||$5199|
|Indigenous Enabling Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship (IECECS)||Enrolled in Tertiary Enabling Program||$2599 (for up to two semesters)|
|Indigenous Enabling Commonwealth Accommodation Costs Scholarship (IECAS)||Enrolled in Tertiary Enabling Program||$5199 (for up to two semesters)|
*Scholarship value is indexed each year.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Be able to demonstrate financial disadvantage
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate course or eligible graduate diploma at La Trobe University in 2017
- Be enrolled in La Trobe University's Tertiary Enabling Program in 2017*
Additionally, to be eligible for the Indigenous Access Scholarship (IAS) and the Accommodation Costs Scholarship (ICAS), you must
- Have lived in a regional/remote area of Australia for at least 3 of the 4 years prior to moving away to study at University
- Have not previously accepted or received an IAS from La Trobe or any other institution (applies to the IAS only)
*Applies to IECECS and IECAS only.
How to apply
The first round of applications for 2017 are closed.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Unit, firstname.lastname@example.org