Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarships
Who is it for?
Future undergraduates, 1st year undergraduates
Where is it available?
Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Melbourne, Mildura, Shepparton, City, Franklin Street
How is it paid?
Commonwealth Indigenous Scholarships aim to assist Indigenous Australian students by providing financial support for general education or accommodation costs associated with full-time study usually in an undergraduate degree program at a campus of La Trobe University.
There are different types of Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarships available:
|Name||Eligibility||2017 Rate *|
|Indigenous Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship (I-CECS)||New and continuing Indigenous students||$2637|
|Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship (I-CAS)||New and continuing Indigenous students||$5276|
|Indigenous Enabling Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship (IECECS)||Enrolled in Tertiary Enabling Program||$2637 (for up to two semesters)|
|Indigenous Enabling Commonwealth Accommodation Costs Scholarship (IECAS)||Enrolled in Tertiary Enabling Program||$5276 (for up to two semesters)|
*Scholarship value is indexed each year.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Be able to demonstrate financial disadvantage
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate course or eligible graduate diploma at La Trobe University in 2018
- Be enrolled in La Trobe University's Tertiary Enabling Program in 2018*
Additionally, to be eligible for the Accommodation Costs Scholarship (ICAS), you must
- Have lived in a regional/remote area of Australia for at least 3 of the 4 years prior to moving away to study at University
*Applies to IECECS and IECAS only.
How to apply
Applications for students commencing in 2018 are now open via the VTAC website.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, firstname.lastname@example.org