Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarships
Status: Opening Date: 01/08/2016 Closing Date: 14/10/2016
Commonwealth Indigenous Scholarships aim to assist Indigenous Australian students by providing financial support for general education or accommodation costs associated with full-time study usually in an undergraduate degree program at a campus of La Trobe University.
There are different types of Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarships available:
|Name||Eligibility||2016 Rate *|
|Indigenous Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship (I-CECS)||New and continuing Indigenous students||$2599|
|Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship (I-CAS)||New and continuing Indigenous students||$5199|
|Indigenous Enabling Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship (IECECS)||Enrolled in Tertiary Enabling Program||$2599 (for up to two semesters)|
|Indigenous Enabling Commonwealth Accommodation Costs Scholarship (IECAS)||Enrolled in Tertiary Enabling Program||$5199 (for up to two semesters)|
*Scholarship value is indexed each year.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible for an Education Costs Scholarship (ICECS), you must:
- be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- be able to demonstrate financial disadvantage
- be enrolled in an undergraduate course or eligible graduate diploma at La Trobe University in 2017
- be enrolled in La Trobe University's Tertiary Enabling Program in 2017*
Additionally, to be eligible for the Indigenous Access Scholarship (IAS) and the Accommodation Costs Scholarship (ICAS), you must
- have lived in a regional/remote area of Australia for at least 3 of the 4 years prior to moving away to study at University
- have not previously accepted or received an IAS from La Trobe or any other institution (applies to the IAS only)
*Applies to IECECS and IECAS only.
Current first year undergraduates
- City Campus
- Franklin Street
How are successful applicants selected?
- Evidence of having significant caring responsibilities
- Disability or ongoing medical condition
- Educational disadvantage
- Financial disadvantage
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Regional or rural background
- Socio-economic disadvantage
- Other hardship or disadvantage
Duration of course
How can I apply
The first round of applications for 2017 are closed.
Who to contact for further information