Ambassador Scholarships in Engineering and Mathematical Sciences
Status: Opening Date: 29/08/2016 Closing Date: 21/12/2016
The Ambassador Scholarship Program has been established to provide annual support for commencing students seeking to major in a discipline within the School of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences.
Up to six scholarships of $2000 - $3000 p.a. will be offered each year. The disciplines include Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Technology and Computer Science.
The benefits of the program are:
- financial support of $3000 in first year ($1500 after the census date and $1500 on the successful completion of 1st semester)
- $2000 for each subsequent year of standard undergraduate study
- personal and professional mentoring by an academic or industry sponsor.
Are you eligible to apply?
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be willing to enrol/be enrolled in a program leading to a major study in a discipline of the School of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences (SEMS) at the Melbourne or Bendigo campus of La Trobe University
- have completed or be in the final year of secondary education in Australia, expecting a result clearly in the top 15% of students in their state
- be willing and able to occasionally speak in the future to groups of prospective students and new students at Orientation and Open Day
- that you maintain a grade of B or higher in your tertiary studies
- A limited number of scholarships are available for commencing first-degree students. The scholarship is renewable on a yearly basis, subject to satisfactory academic and professional performance.
$7000 over 3 years for 3 year degree 9000 over 4 years for 4 year degree
- Science Health and Engineering
How are successful applicants selected?
- High academic achievement
- Leadership qualities
Duration of course
How can I apply
- Complete the Scholarship Application Form
- Arrange for completion of the Reference section by your Principal, Teacher or Year 12 Coordinator (as appropriate for the type of scholarship)
- Attach a copy of your ATAR score provided by VTAC which should include your list of subjects and the results
- Detail on the form why you are interested in the Scholarship, outlining your career goals in the relevant section
- Email the completed Application Form to the email address below
Who to contact for further information
SEMS Administration Office