Albury-Wodonga Community Scholarships
Status: Opening Date: 06/10/2016 Closing Date: 03/03/2017
The Albury-Wodonga Community Scholarships emanate from a local campaign to establish a scholarship fund to support regional students and assist them in meeting their educational goals.
Monies for the fund have been generously contributed by Albury-Wodonga businesses, community groups, individuals and La Trobe staff and through sponsorships and donations.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible, applicants must have:
- Enrolment at the Albury-Wodonga campus (full or part time)
- Demonstrated barriers to accessing higher education. Such barriers may include socio-economic status, gender, disability, regional/rural location
- Demonstrated potential. Such potential may have been shown through scholarly achievement, demonstrated leadership, community service contribution and the like.
NB: Supporting documentation will be required for items (2) and (3) above. This should include a referee report, an individual testimonial and accompanying documentation to support any claims.
The selection committee (comprising Head of Campus and Student Counsellor) will convene prior to the commencement of each semester. Each application will be scored against the two main criteria – difficulties accessing higher education (weighted at 60%) and talent (weighted at 40%).
$1000 (up to $1,000 as determined by Selection Committee)
Current first year undergraduates
Current second year undergraduates
Current third year undergraduates
Current fourth year undergraduates
Current honours students
How are successful applicants selected?
- Service to the Community
- Disability or ongoing medical condition
- Educational disadvantage
- Financial disadvantage
- High academic achievement
- Regional or rural background
- Socio-economic disadvantage
- Leadership qualities
How can I apply
This scholarship is open each semester. Please download an application form for Semester 1, 2017:
Applications for Semester 1, 2017 close on 3 March 2017.
Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply.
Who to contact for further information
Campus Administration Officer, Head of Campus Office