Julie Miller Markoff Visual Arts Award
Status: Opening Date: 01/08/2016 Closing Date: 30/09/2016
This award is administered by La Trobe University and was established from a donation by Julie Miller Markoff. This award is to assist students in the transition from art school to the professional world of exhibition and industry. Students must be studying the Bachelor of Visual Arts, Bachelor of Creative Arts and be based at either Bendigo or Mildura campus. This award is open to all third year, honours or postgraduate students to assist in the transition from art school to the professional world of exhibition and industry.
Are you eligible to apply?
Applicants must be a student:
- currently studying in third year, fourth year (Honours), or a Postgraduate course
- studying the Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Creative Arts or Masters of Visual Art
- based at either the Mildura or Bendigo campus
- able to articulate the benefits of the award and direction that their work will take with the assistance of the award.
The recipient will be selected on the basis of being a student who:
- has performed at a high academic and studio level
- is best able to articulate a proposed body of work suitable for a major solo exhibition.
- has demonstrated a developmental process that builds on their previous work or reframes it and takes a fresh direction or shows a maturity of practice.
Current third year undergraduates
Current fourth year undergraduates
Current honours students
Current postgraduate coursework students
Current postgraduate research students
- Arts Social Sciences and Commerce
- ASSC Humanities and Social Sciences
- ASSC Creative Arts and English
How are successful applicants selected?
- High academic achievement
How can I apply
Applications must include evidence of enrolment into full time final year undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the Bendigo/Mildura campus in the College of Arts, Social Science and Commerce.
Who to contact for further information