La Trobe Animal Research and Teaching Facility
La Trobe Animal Research and Teaching Facility provide housing, husbandry and technical resources supporting the use of a diverse range of animals involved in research and teaching activities at the University.
- Technical equipment and expertise to facilitate research and teaching involving animals
- Training and competency assessment programs in animal skills
- Animal housing, monitoring and husbandry across a range of species including rodent, avian, reptile and native
- IVC and conventional laboratory rodent housing facilities
- Specified Pathogen Free (SPF) housing for mice
- Veterinary services
- Behavioural Testing suites for rats and mice
- IVIS imaging equipment
- Radsource cell/animal irradiator
- Dedicated rodent surgical suites
- Expertise to support Animal Ethics Committee and Institutional Biosafety Committee requirements
- Best practice in animal welfare
- Compliance with regulatory requirements.