Accelerated Completion Program (ACP)
Wondering where the passion for your research has gone? Struggling to find the time to write around work/kids/carer responsibilities? Ready to commit to designing and implementing a plan of attack to make progress on your PhD and submit?
At Reseach Education and Development (RED), we understand the complex nature of life as a PhD candidate. We’ve designed a program that acknowledges that complexity and helps you implement realistic strategies to help you progress with your research.
What is ACP?
The ACP is a ten-week support program for final-stage PhD candidates who may be at risk of not completing in a timely manner.
In the ten-week program participants in the ACP will:
- create an individual completion plan to identify specific academic and/or personal barriers that are affecting progress
- develop practical skills and long-term strategies to overcome barriers
- attend a full day of workshops on skills needed for PhD completion, including: time- and self-management, thesis writing, working effectively with supervisors, and avoiding procrastination
- meet with an ACP coach once a week during the program for ongoing support. Coaching sessions do not replace supervision meetings and focus on skills and strategies, not the candidate’s research
- make contact with others experiencing similar challenges and benefit from peer learning and support
- go to a ‘wrap up’ session at the end of the six weeks to celebrate successes and make the most gains from the program going forward.
The ACP provides extra support to candidates who need it. The program does not replace supervision or override the importance of the academic unit in which the candidate is enrolled.
ACP coaches will be RED academic staff and invited Graduate Research Coordinators from a different discipline to yours. ACP coaching focuses on accountability, time-management, motivation and support, and will not include disciplinary advice pertaining to the research itself. Meetings can be virtual - by phone, Skype or video-conference.
|Friday 21 April, 9.30-3pm||The huddle: designing your submission game plane|
|Thursday 18 May, 9.30-11.30am||Half-time oranges: game plan review|
|Thursday 22 June, 2-5pm||After the siren: staying the coure to submission|
How to apply
Applications for the ACP have now closed for this round. Please get in touch with the RED team at email@example.com if you have any questions.