Richard Guy Goodenough College Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to one outstanding current or former La Trobe student, preferably from regional Victoria, to study and live in London for a year.
Richard Guy, leading Bendigo business identity, philanthropist and former member of the La Trobe University Council has established this scholarship in collaboration with the University. Mr Guy resided at Goodenough College in the 1960s, when he studied at King’s College in London. He now wishes to extend the same international and residential opportunity to a postgraduate student.
Goodenough College is an independent charity that provides residential accommodation for postgraduates from all over the world who are studying in London.
A $50,000 scholarship to go towards:
- residence at Goodenough College for up to one year, commencing in September of October 2017
- one-year tuition at a recognised tertiary institution in London.
To apply for this scholarship, you need to be able to demonstrate that:
- you are a current or former La Trobe student
- you have been accepted to undertake either a Master or a PhD at a tertiary institution in London. This can be either as a student enrolled at that institution or as a visiting graduate researcher jointly supervised by an academic at that institution, while enrolled at La Trobe University. Preference will be given to the London School of Economics and King’s College, London.
- you have been accepted as a resident of Goodenough College and will remain in residence for the period of scholarship
- you have preferably completed a degree at one of La Trobe’s regional campuses or resides in regional Victoria
- you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
The scholarship recipient must:
- maintain the appropriate level of study throughout the 12 month duration of the scholarship
- remain in residence at the Goodenough College for the 12 month duration of the study period
- may be required to attend join promotional events in keeping with the spirit of the scholarships, as reasonably required between the donors, La Trobe University and Goodenough College.
How to apply?
If you wish to apply for the Richard Guy Goodenough College Scholarship, follow these steps:
- provide documentation to address the eligibility criteria
- write a personal statement detailing career goals and ambitions (up to 500 words)
- provide a statement of your financial situation
- provide a letter of acceptance from a tertiary institution in London.
- email your application to email@example.com.
The University will carefully review your application and consider you for the Richard Guy Goodenough College Scholarship.
The selection process will also include an interview with La Trobe University and endorsement from the donor.
The scholarship will be awarded in 2017 with residence at Goodenough College to commence in September or October 2017, and shall be tenable for a period of up to one year in the first instance.
Application close 1 June 2017.
If you require further information, please contact the Graduate Research School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The David Myers Research Scholarship
Each year the University offers the highest University-ranked applicants for a postgraduate research scholarship in each College the David Myers Research Scholarship. The scholarship is open to outstanding individuals, regardless of discipline or nationality. The scholarship includes a stipend of $27,500 per annum for three years full-time study for a PhD or 2 years full-time study for a Master's degree; a research support grant of up to $3,000 per annum to assist with costs such as laboratory consumables, fieldwork and attendance at conferences; relocation and removal expenses to a campus of the University; and, a thesis allowance of up to $1,000.
Please note that there is no separate application for this scholarship, all applicants for an APA or LTUPRS scholarship will automatically be considered.
James T. Riady Research Scholarship
This prestigious scholarship, established by James T. Riady Scholarship and Award Fund, will be awarded to an outstanding student of Indonesian nationality to undertake a doctoral research degree at La Trobe University. Applicants should have a high level of achievement such as a first class honours degree or equivalent, and an interest in promoting and furthering an understanding of Indonesia and Indonesian culture.
Benefits of the scholarship include:
- a La Trobe Research Scholarship for 3 years, with a value of $35,000 each year, to support your living costs
- a fee-relief scholarship (LTUFFRS) for four years to undertake a PhD at La Trobe University
- an annual research grant of $5,000 for 3 years during your project to support research costs
- the award winner will work with one of La Trobe's outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs in areas such as entrepreneurship, IP and commercialisation, university teaching, media training and social media.
Find out more by downloading the James T. Riady Research Scholarship flyer [PDF 969KB]