The David Myers Research Scholarship
Each year the University offers the highest University-ranked applicants for a postgraduate research scholarship in each College the David Myers Research Scholarship. The scholarship is open to outstanding individuals, regardless of discipline or nationality. The scholarship includes a stipend of $27,500 per annum for three years full-time study for a PhD or 2 years full-time study for a Master's degree; a research support grant of up to $3,000 per annum to assist with costs such as laboratory consumables, fieldwork and attendance at conferences; relocation and removal expenses to a campus of the University; and, a thesis allowance of up to $1,000.
Please note that there is no separate application for this scholarship, all applicants for an APA or LTUPRS scholarship will automatically be considered.
James T. Riady Research Scholarship
This prestigious scholarship, established by James T. Riady Scholarship and Award Fund, will be awarded to an outstanding student of Indonesian nationality to undertake a doctoral research degree at La Trobe University. Applicants should have a high level of achievement such as a first class honours degree or equivalent, and an interest in promoting and furthering an understanding of Indonesia and Indonesian culture.
Benefits of the scholarship include:
- a La Trobe Research Scholarship for 3 years, with a value of $35,000 each year, to support your living costs
- a fee-relief scholarship (LTUFFRS) for four years to undertake a PhD at La Trobe University
- an annual research grant of $5,000 for 3 years during your project to support research costs
- the award winner will work with one of La Trobe's outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs in areas such as entrepreneurship, IP and commercialisation, university teaching, media training and social media.
Find out more by downloading the James T. Riady Research Scholarship flyer [PDF 969KB]
Fong Yuen Leung Medical Research Fellowship
This prestigious fellowship, established by the Fong Family Foundation, will be awarded to an outstanding student from China to undertake a PhD at La Trobe University in a medical research field.
The fellowship aims to further knowledge in medical research, to provide training for an outstanding graduate researcher, and to establish collaborative linkages in the field between Australia and China. The recipient of the fellowship will undertake a research project at La Trobe University in collaboration with a research university or institute in China, and will spend time at the Chinese institution during the project.
Features of the Fellowship are:
- a La Trobe Postgraduate Research Scholarship (LTUPRS) for three years, with a value of $26,682 each year, to support your living costs
- a fee-relief scholarship (LTUFRRS) for up to four years to undertake a PhD at La Trobe University
- a research grant of $15,000 to cover research travel and living expenses during the project.
Find out more by downloading the Fong Yuen Leung Fellowship information flyer [PDF 94KB].