Our statistics consultant, Dr Xia Li, comes to La Trobe with a strong background in Statistics, Computer Science, Medical Science, Biostatistics, Multivariate Statistics, Epidemiology and Public Health.
Xia has expertise in:
- applied statistics
- data mining methods and statistical learning methods
- functional data analysis and wavelet methods in statistics
- longitudinal data analysis and survival data analysis
- modelling (competing risks, multistate, frailty, marginal structure, structural equation and spatial data analysis models)
- Bayesian statistical methods
Xia is supported by casual staff with specialised expertise and administrative support from Natasha Freeman
Dr Graeme Byrne has over twenty five years experience teaching, researching and consulting in statistics and mathematics. He has broad knowledge of experimental design and analysis with statistical and mathematical consulting experience in the agriculture, health, finance, demography, engineering and energy sectors.
Graeme's main areas of expertise are:
- Experimental design and analysis (e.g. clinical trials, repeated measures and cross sectional designs)
- General linear and mixed model analysis
- Logistic and multinomial regression analysis
- Time series analysis
- Multivariate analysis (e.g. factor analysis and structural equation models)
- Survey design and analysis.
Graeme also has extensive experience working with post graduate research students and assisting La Trobe staff with statistical planning and analysis.
Dr Leila Karimi has particular interests in psychology, health sciences, management and applied statistics. She is an Accredited Statistician with the Statistical Society of Australia, a member of Australian Psychological Society, and an Associate Fellow of Australian College of Health Service Management.
Leila's main areas of expertise are:
- Multivariate analysis
- Multi-level Modelling
- Structural Equation Modelling
- Psychological Measurement
- Partial least square
- Research designs.
Dr Masha Fridman has a strong background in medical research, public health and statistical consulting.
Masha's main areas of expertise are:
- Multivariate analysis (PCA and Discriminate Analysis)
- Generalised Linear Models (logistic, Poisson, negative binomial)
- Mixed Models
- Experimental design and analysis
- Statistical consulting
- Analysis of large administrative datasets.
Dr Amanda Shaker has extensive experience in survey design and analysis, and statistical programming.
Amanda's main areas of expertise are:
- Statistical programming languages including R and SAS
- Dimension reduction
- Visualisation of high-dimensional data
- Quality assurance of data, including imputation and streamlined response rates
- Dataset analysis and manipulation
- Statistical writing.
Contact the Statistics Consultancy Platform:
T: (61) 03 9479 3689