Social Research Assistance Platform Grant
The La Trobe Social Research Assistance Platform provides individual researchers and teams engaged in research projects, or finalising book, chapter or journal publications, or non-traditional research outputs, with specific and specialised research support to facilitate effective completion.
Successful applicants will have access to:
- a coordinator who will identify and arrange appropriate sessional or contract personnel to provide research support in a timely manner,
- a needs assessed grant to cover costs relating to the payment and travel expenses of research assistants.
However, the platform can also assist researchers who already have grant funding but need assistance in recruiting the right research support staff. Contact the platform coordinator directly if you are interested in this service.
The services are available to researchers and postgraduate research students in areas across the humanities, social sciences, creative arts, business, law and commerce, but also STEM and health science disciplines, as required.
Research support services offered by the platform include, but are not limited to:
- discipline-specific archival research, data collection and data processing,
- archiving of materials
- conduct of interviews, surveys and preliminary processing of outcomes,
- specialised transcription of disciplinary documents,
- translation of essential documents, articles and interview or media material,
- specialised set-up of media for data collection,
- specialised literature searches,
- support with finalising book, chapter or journal publications including indexing, editing and proof reading, and
- non-traditional research outputs i.e. for the Creative arts - film, audio, theatre projects, etc.
Apply for research assistance funding:
Research Support Staff:
Apply to become a research support staff member: