Benchmarking is conducted across a range of University activities. It is embedded in the suite of review processes, the analysis of national and international student feedback surveys, participation in the IRU Calibration exercise and the analysis of national and international University rankings.
The suite of reviews includes:
- Annual Budget and Planning Reviews of organizational units
- Five-yearly School Reviews (Faculty reviews under the previous academic organizational Model)
- Five yearly academic Course Reviews
- Annual strategic Course Reviews
Student Feedback Surveys
- International Student Barometer
- University Experience Survey (replaced by the Student Experience Survey in August 2015)
IRU Calibration Exercise
This is an emerging initiative where assessment items are exchanged and graded to compare standards in learning outcomes
The University monitors its standing by analysis of the key national and international rankings. Of particular interest are the THES, ARWU and QED rankings.