English Language Education courses
La Trobe’s English Language and Education short courses provide professional training programs for overseas teachers.
Conducted by La Trobe professors and lecturers with local expertise, the training programs cover English language, English teaching, education, management, finance and economics, law, health, environment, agriculture, media, hospitality, social science, information technology, and science and engineering.
English and education short course training program
La Trobe’s English and education short course is an eight week training program which provides teachers from overseas universities the skills to teach professional courses in English.
English language training themes used in the course include:
- Australian culture and society
- Business and politics
- Arts, sports and recreation
- Linguistics and oral skills
English teacher short course training program
La Trobe’s English teacher short course is an eight week training program designed for teachers of English as a Second Language (ESL) at overseas universities. The program aims to bring together the theory and practice of English Language Teaching in a way that highlights contemporary pedagogical perspectives and associated practical classroom strategies.
The course consists of:
- Presentation of core pedagogical notions
- Workshop exploration of associated practical classroom strategies
- Consideration of current research trends relating to both notions and strategies
- School-based observations in local English language classrooms
- Simulated teaching experiences drawing on core notions and macro-strategies
- Guided library and on-line research and materials gathering
- Group seminars addressing current ELT issues
- Final presentations
Program participants are able to live in home stay accommodation, which will provide the opportunity to communicate with local people, learn everyday conversational English and gain an appreciation of Australian culture in a natural English speaking environment.
Participants also receive a Certificate of Completion from La Trobe University at the conclusion of the program.
For more information contact:
T: 61 3 9479 6505
F: 61 3 9479 3970