Our hands-on workshops are designed to trigger excitement about science among secondary school students and encourage further science studies.
Students experience University-level science research and learning with access to world-class facilities. Their learning is linked to finding scientific solutions to real world problems and supported throughout by University scientists.
Our programs are cross-disciplinary with new programs coming soon.
All our Science Outreach programs, listed by location.
We offer workshops for VCE and Middle Years Biology.
The Chemistry outreach programs are aimed at VCE Chemistry students.
Our Electronic Engineering outreach programs are available at our Melbourne and Bendigo campuses.
Our Information Technology programs focus on data engineering, games technology, networking and software engineering.
We offer a range of programs for Middle Years mathematics students.
We offer a range of programs for VCE Physics students and Middle Years General Science students.
We offer a range of programs for VCE Psychology students and Middle Years General Science students.
Book a tour of La Trobe University's facilities or a presentation about the University and its science, technology and engineering courses.
- FAR Labs (Freely Accessible Remote Laboratories) - an online hub through which students can engage with contemporary scientific topics and supplement their learning via interactive, equipment-based laboratories.
- Synchrotron Science - VCE and Middle Years students learn how the Australian Synchrotron works by participating in a real beamline experiment from a remote access laboratory at La Trobe University.
- Seamless Science Program (SSP) - a Middle Years program designed to engage students in an immersive university science experience.
- Ivanhoe Grammar School Out of Classroom program - groups of Year 9 students participate in a two-week research project.
- LEAP - La Trobe University is a partner university in the Learn Experience Access Professions (LEAP) program.