‘Dream it, Plan it, Pitch it’
VCE Business Plan Competition
Year 11 Business Management students dream up an idea for a business or product individually or in teams of up to three.
Students develop a business plan (1500 – 2000 words) for their idea and submit it to a panel of judges for review.
On Showcase Day, teams bring their plan, supporting material, devices and/or prototype models to decorate their display stand and to enhance their presentation pitch. One stand per team.
Students have five minutes to present their business ideas to small groups of roving judges. They will present more than once.
Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand have generously donated $1,000 for the first place winner. Second place receives $500 donated by La Trobe Business School.
First and second prize winners announced at the Melbourne event.
Daily prizes presented at each showcase.
Year 11 VCE Business Management
2018 deadlines to be announced.
P+ 03 9479 1197
Business plan topics
- Executive summary
- Business concept/Idea
- Logo and Brand Design
- Market Research and Marketing Plan
- Operations plan
- Financial plan
- More detailed descriptions will be sent to secondary schools closer to the event.
Conditions of Entry
Students must comply with the following terms and conditions:
- Students must be currently studying year 11 VCE/HSC Business Management (or NSW equivalent) and not have entered before.
- Students must be currently attending a secondary school that attended a La Trobe University VCE Business Forum 2016 or 2017 in Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo or Melbourne.
- Individuals or teams of no more than three students may submit entries.
- Entries must be original work.
- Each team may only enter one business plan and students may only enter once.
- All competition word limits must be met.
- Business plans must address all seven topics to qualify for the Showcase Pitch.
- All competition deadlines must be met.
- Only team members may participate in the Showcase Pitch.
- In all cases, the judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence shall be entered into.