‘Dream it, Plan it, Pitch it’
Details for the 2017 competition to be announced.
See below for details on the 2016 event.
VCE BUSINESS PLAN COMPETITION
Year 11 Business Management students dream up an idea for a business or product individually or in teams of up to three.
Students develop a business plan (1500 – 2000 words) for their idea and submit it to a panel of judges for review.
On Showcase Day teams will be allocated a display stand for their presentation. Students will have five minutes to present their ideas to small groups of roving judges. They may be asked to present more than once. Students are also welcome to bring their iPads for use.
1st Prize: $1,000
2nd Prize: $500
To be awarded on the day.
Year 11 VCE Business Management|
Year 11 HSC Business Studies
|Location:||La Trobe University Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus|
Registration opens TBC|
Registration closes TBC
Business Plan submissions due TBC
|Dates:||2017 to be announced|
College of Arts, Social Sciences and Commerce (ASSC) Outreach|
|Presented by:||La Trobe Business School, College ASSC|
BUSINESS PLAN TOPICS TO BE ADDRESSED:
- Executive Summary
- Business Concept/Idea
- Logo and Brand Design
- Market Research and Marketing Plan
- Operations Plan
- Financial Plan
- More detailed descriptions will be sent to secondary schools closer to the event
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
- Submissions may be entered by individuals or teams (no more than three people)
- Each team may only enter one business plan and entries must be original work.
- All listed business plan topics must be addressed in the submission.
- Only team members may participate in the presentations.
- The presentation is limited to five minutes including questions from the judges.
- All competition word limits must be met.
- All competition deadlines must be met.
- In all cases the competition judges' decisions are final.
- Students must be available to attend the showcase in July 2016 at either the Albury-Wodonga or Melbourne campus