Terms and Conditions
La Trobe University ‘Work Experience Competition 2016’
1. La Trobe University (ABN 64 804 735 113) (“University”) of Bundoora, Victoria, 3086, is conducting a competition called the “Work Experience Competition 2016” (“Competition”) in partnership with Melbourne City Football Club, PwC and SAS (“Partner Organisations”).
2. Each entry must be submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by and comply with these Terms and Conditions. The University may, in its discretion, refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
3. Entries for the Competition will be accepted from 9am (AEST) 6 August 2016 until 5pm (AEST) 31 August 2016 (“Competition Period”). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid and ineligible to win a prize. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
4. The Competition is open to Victorian residents aged 15 years or older who are not currently enrolled at the University and have not previously been enrolled at the University.
5. Entrants aged less than 18 years old must have the consent of their parent or guardian to enter the Competition. The University may request photographic ID as proof of an entrant’s age and request written evidence of parental or guardian consent (if applicable). Any entrant that is unable or unwilling to provide the requested information will not be eligible to win a prize.
6. Entry into the Competition is free.
7. Only one entry per person is permitted.
8. To enter the Competition, an entrant must:
- a. register their contact details (including a contact phone number and email address of their parent or guardian in the case of entrants aged less than 18 years old) with the University via its website;
- b. nominate one of the University’s Partner Organisations; and
- c. describe in twenty-five words or less, why they want to undertake a work experience placement with that Partner Organisation.
9. Incomplete entries that do not satisfy both the above requirements will be ineligible to win a prize.
10. By submitting an entry, each entrant represents and warrants in relation to their entry that:
- a. they are a Victorian resident;
- b. if aged less than 18 years, they have the permission of their parent or guardian to enter the Competition;
- c. they will comply with these Terms and Conditions;
- d. they have not breached any person’s privacy rights, intellectual property rights or any other laws in registering for the Competition; and
- e. they will indemnify the University against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of the warranties in this clause 10.
11. Each entrant agrees to be contacted by the University for the purpose of this Competition and accepting any prize for the Competition.
Judging and Prizes.
13. The University will judge valid entries based on creativity and, in consultation with each partner Organisation, will select up to two (2) Winners per Partner Organisation to receive a prize (“Prize Winners”).
14. Each Prize Winner will receive the following prizes:
- a. a visa debit card with a value of $500;
- b. the opportunity to undertake a work experience placement of at least 1 week (full time) by 31 December 2017 with the Prize Winner’s nominated Partner Organisation.
15. The Prize Winner (and their parent or guardian in the case of entrants aged less than 18 years old) will be notified by phone and email within 28 days after the end of the Competition Period.
16. If required by a Partner Organisation, the Prize Winners will provide the Partner Organisation with written evidence from their secondary school confirming permission for that Prize Winner to undertake the work experience placement at the Partner Organisation’s premises. If a Prize Winner is unable or unwilling to provide such written permission, the University and Partner Organisation may select an alternative Prize Winner who is able to meet this requirement.
17. The decision of the University and relevant Partner Organisation regarding the Prize Winner is final and will be binding on each person who enters the Competition. No correspondence or communications will be entered into.
18. The University and Partner Organisation may refuse to award a prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of the relevant entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, or non-entitlement under, or breach of, these Terms and Conditions.
19. If there is any event that prevents or hinders the University’s conduct of the Competition or the University’s or Partner Organisation’s ability to deliver the prize to the Prize Winner of the Competition, the University may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition or select another winner. The University may also recommence the Competition at another time under the same conditions.
20. The Prize Winners and the Partner Organisations will be responsible for entering into their own specific arrangements for the timing of the work experience placement.
21. The University is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of the Competition.
22. The University assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
23. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by the University’s social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, and each entrant agrees to release the University’s social media channels from any or all liability in connection with this contest. Queries about the Competition should be directed directly to the University.
24. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other information, documents, communications or representations relating to the Competition, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
25. To the extent permitted by law, the University will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or indirect) to persons or property as a result of any person entering the Competition, accepting or using any prize (including the work experience placemen), including without limitation non-receipt of any prize.
26. To the extent permitted by law, all warranties in respect of the prizes, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, are excluded. To the extent such warranties cannot be excluded by law but liability can lawfully be limited, liability is limited at the University’s option to replacing the prize or the cost of replacing the prize or acquiring an equivalent item.
27. These Terms shall be governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia and each party agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria, Australia in relation to any matter arising from the Competition or these Terms.