La Trobe's fully online MBA puts you in control. The course includes 10 core subjects and two electives, allowing you to specialise in either entrepreneurship or international management. You will also complete two professional experience activities: an ePortfolio and a final Boardroom Simulation that brings together all the elements of the course.
We were the first university in Australia recognised as a Champion of the United Nations backed Principles of Responsible Management Education. (Source: www.unprme.org 2016)
MBA graduates working in Australia earn on average AUD$150,000 per annum*. An MBA qualification will help you progress your career. You'll acquire specialist knowledge, transferable skills and experience in project management and leadership. It will leave you better placed to take advantage of career opportunities when they arise.
You'll graduate with:
- a worldwide network of contacts and first-hand knowledge from global business leaders
- a socially responsible perspective on business theory and practice
- real-world experience, relevant to today's business challenges.
With multiple start dates throughout the year, you can start when you’re ready.
Applications are now open for the following start dates:
- 24 April 2017
- 3 July 2017
- 28 August 2017
- 23 October 2017
Note: You can start in any of these intakes and switch to on-campus study at the beginning of any semester. Due to ESOS restrictions this fully online course is not available to onshore international students.
Core and elective subjects
If you choose to study full-time (two subjects per session), you can complete the program in six teaching sessions (approximately eleven months).
If you choose to study part-time (one subject), you can complete the program within twelve teaching sessions (approximately two years). International students must to study face-to-face or be overseas to study online due to visa restrictions.
As part of your studies, you'll create an ePortfolio that will contribute to gaining future employment. The subjects allow you to reflect on how you can apply what you've learned in your professional role.
Most students choose to study one or two subjects per teaching period.
You can choose to specialise in a particular area of interest or to diversify your skills.
|Human Resource Management and Employment Relations|
|Management Information Systems and Knowledge Management|
|Core professional experiences|
Our MBA has been designed to set you apart from your competitors. A range of specialised core subjects will place you ahead of the crowd by training you in areas of management that are becoming increasingly important in the industry.
Values, Ethics and Diversity in Organisations
Develop your critical thinking, writing and research skills to contribute to an informed analysis of values, ethics and diversity in contemporary organisations. The concept of workplace diversity is introduced and evaluated with particular regard to the most pressing demographic issues in both Australian and global contexts. Through the use of ethical theories, this subject develops your abilities to reframe organisational practices and include ethical considerations in organisational decision making. Frameworks and tools for managing diversity and business ethics are introduced and critically evaluated. This subject is designed to meet principles 1-4 of the Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME).
You will be introduced to leadership models and competencies to develop the skills and theoretical knowledge to become a responsible and effective leader. Working individually and with other students, you will analyse leaders in contemporary practice, within the context of dynamic, challenging and often ambiguous organisational circumstances. In addition, you will reflect on and analyse your own leadership practice as a responsible leader, assessing your strengths and identifying areas where you can be even more effective.
- An Australian Bachelor's degree, or international equivalent, with a minimum of a C (60%) grade average in the final year and three years of relevant postgraduate managerial experience. Applicants with more than eight years' relevant managerial experience but without an undergraduate degree may be considered for professional entry.
- English language requirements for international applicants Minimum IELTS score of 6.5 with no individual band score less than 6.0.
- an up-to-date CV with employer details confirming three years' managerial experience (Direct Entry) or eight years' managerial experience (Professional Entry)
- contact details of two referees to support your application — you will need to request that they complete the online Confidential Referee Report
- a personal statement of no more than 2,400 characters to support your application
- if you are applying for direct entry, you will need your final academic transcript with grades
- if you have legally changed your name or citizenship, you will also need to attach the relevant supporting
- evidence of English language competence if your studies were completed in a language other than English.
Students from Australia and New Zealand
A$35,500 per 120 credit points. Find out more.
A$35,500 per 120 credit points. Get more information on fees and how to pay.