Our MBA ranked in the top two in state

A newly designed La Trobe University MBA course has rated in the top two in Victoria in the Australian Financial Review’s important 2013 BOSS MBA rankings.

Handshake businessA newly designed La Trobe University MBA course has rated in the top two in Victoria in the Australian Financial Review’s important 2013 BOSS MBA rankings.

La Trobe MBA Director, Professor Amalia Di Iorio said the University was  highly committed to on-going development of students and alumni.

‘An MBA is a large commitment and we don’t take this lightly, so we’re strongly committed to our students, both in the short and long term,’ she said.

Financial Review BOSS conducts its rankings of Australian MBA programs every two years. Results are based on two components. An alumni survey, worth 55 per cent, is based on satisfaction, improvement and value for money. A school score accounts for the remaining 45 per cent. Like other international rankings, criteria include accreditations, entry requirements and faculty qualifications, with an emphasis on academic degrees, current business experience of the faculty, and research.

The La Trobe MBA has been delivered since 1994 and was redesigned over a two-year period being re-launched in 2013.

Professor Paul Mather, Head of La Trobe Business School said the La Trobe MBA occupied a distinctive position in the market, being based on three pillars of: General Management, Principles for Responsible Management Education and Personal and Professional Skills Development. 

‘Our MBA offers significant competitive advantages to individuals and organisations and prepares graduates for a strong career trajectory. This is evidenced in these robust AFR BOSS rankings,’ Professor Mather said.

Executive Dean of the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law, Professor Leigh Drake said the strong result, placing the La Trobe MBA second in Victoria, built on La Trobe Business School’s recent strong rankings with QS, being ranked in the top 200 globally and the Graduate Management Association of Australia’s 5-Star ranking in both 2012 and 2013.

He said La Trobe MBA’s EPAS accreditation coupled with these strong rankings, were a strong endorsement of the program’s quality.

‘Building on our 2009 result of Most Loved MBA in the AFR BOSS rankings, it’s pleasing to see our re-developed program has already begun to create a strong resonance with our students and alumni,’ Professor Drake said.

Media enquiries

Marketing Manager (Communications)
Faculty of Business, Economics and Law

T:+ 61 3 9479 5674

Find an expert

Search our experts database.