Auditor General to chair advisory board
The Auditor General of Victoria, Des Pearson will chair La Trobe University’s Advisory Board for its Centre for Public Sector Governance, Accountability and Performance (CPSGAP) in what is one of eight high profile appointments to the board.
‘Our role will be to offer practitioner perspectives on the work of the Centre to assist researchers in identifying and refining research topics and facilitating researchers access to relevant information and practitioners,’ said Des Pearson.
CPSGAP is an important new research centre in the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law. The establishment of such a high calibre Advisory Board will ensure that the Centre provides a forum for effective engagement between the faculty and various stakeholders across the public sector.
‘This will ensure that the research conducted is both highly relevant and academically rigorous. We are extremely fortunate to have such a distinguished group of Public Sector practitioners and policymakers to guide the activities of this new Centre,’ Professor Leigh Drake, Executive Dean of the Faculty Business, Economics and Law.
Other distinguished external members include:
- Mike Blake, Auditor-General, Tasmania
- Dean Yates, Deputy Secretary, Budget & Financial Management Division, Department of Treasury and Finance, Victoria
- Jeff Rosewarne, Secretary, Department of Primary Industries, Victoria
- Cheryl Batagol, Chair, EPA Victoria
- Claire Noone, Executive Director, Consumer Affairs Victoria
- Jo de Morton, Deputy Secretary, Government and Corporate Group, Department of Premier and Cabinet, Victoria
- Louise Hill, Deputy Secretary, Corporate Services, Department of Planning and Community Development, Victoria
‘Our distinguished Industry Advisory Board will play a significant role in advising on strategic ‘big picture’ issues related to the wider public sector community,’ said Professor Zahirul Hoque, CPSGAP’s Executive Director.
The CPSGAP aims to:
- to conduct and promote research into public sector related issues such as governance, accounting, accountability, sustainable management, value for money auditing, and performance management
- to provide a forum for practitioners, academics, students, politicians and others to explore social, economic and political aspects of the public sector
- to establish links with academics, practitioners and institutions, locally and internationally and enhance these networks to promote the Centre’s activities
The centre will be formally launched with a public forum in September this year and membership of the centre is open to academics, researchers and practitioners in the public sector field.
For more information please visit www.latrobe.edu.au/cpsgap
Professor Zahirul Hoque
firstname.lastname@example.org; 03 9479 3433
Rebecca Wells, Senior Marketing & Development Officer, Faculty of Business, Economics and Law
T: 03 5051 4020 M: 0417 728 114 E: email@example.com