Advancing Sustainability - Symposium
The La Trobe Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Sustainability) and its Institute for Social and Environmental Sustainability invites you to a Sustainability Symposium. Advancing Sustainability in Education and Research on the 20 February 2012.
The Symposium is free for La Trobe staff and students.
The Symposium will bring together work from a range of disciplines to:
• consider the role education and research play in addressing the long term viability of the economy, social order and the environment; and.
• promote multi-disciplinary perspectives to developing practical and policy solutions to improving social and environmental sustainability.
It will explore how education for sustainable development can develop attitudes in future leaders and society to expedite change, what educators, business and students’ expectations are in relation to sustainability roles in the workplace and therefore how these skills and knowledge are developed through education.
The symposium will discuss multi-disciplinary research as a key to developing solutions leading towards behavioural change. It will consider how research is developing opportunities for more sustainable practices. Papers may use any approach to identify ways in which advancing sustainable development can be furthered in organisations and society.
The symposium is aimed at academics and students and provides an opportunity to understand how sustainability education can be embedded in learning programs in a way that addresses the needs of students and employers. It showcases some of the leading developments in sustainable research and looks towards where further research and learning opportunities exist.
The program will commence at 9:00 am with registration beforehand and conclude by 5:15 pm.
Education for sustainable development
The science of sustainability, influencing practice and policy
Schedule for conference submissions
- 9 January 2012: Abstracts to be submitted to Carol Adams (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 16 January 2012: Responses to authors regarding suitability for Symposium
- 6 February 2012: Final versions of accepted papers to be submitted.
- 16 January 2012: Last date for early bird registrations
- 13 February 2012: Last date for registrations.
Authors are invited to also submit their papers on line to the Sustainability Accounting, Management and Policy Journal (SAMPJ) at mc.manuscriptcentral.com/sampj. Further information about the journal and submission guidelines can be found at www.emeraldinsight.com/products/journals/journals.htm?id=SAMPJ Papers submitted to the Symposium should follow Emerald author guidelines.
Further enquiries, please email email@example.com
*Program may be subject to changes