Our staff and collaborators
Professor Gillian Sullivan Mort is Centre Director. She also holds a conjoint appointment as Professor of Marketing at La Trobe Business School.
Gillian Sullivan Mort's core projects revolve around the application of Social Business in corporates and SMEs and its application for community and economic development in nonprofits and local government. Gillian's publications in social entrepreneurship are widely cited and she has a background in government and nonprofits. She supervises research students in this area and consults to business and government sectors.
T: (03) 9479 1318
Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Mr Rafiuddin Ahmed is the Centre COO (fractional appointment). He is on leave from his position as Associate Professor at Dhaka University, Dhaka, Bangladesh and working on his PhD in social business.
His research centres around enhancing young social business entrepreneurs' capacity to develop solutions to social problems in developed countries like Australia.
T: (03) 9479 1111
Academic and research advisors - staff at La Trobe University
- Associate Professor Clare D'Souza – Sustainability and Environmental Consciousness
- Associate Professor Vanessa Ratten – Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Dr Emma Sherry – Sport and Social Impact with Application to Social Business
- Mr Jeremy Seward – Competitions for Innovations in Social Business and Social Entrepreneurship
- Professor Kamran Ahmed - Financial Sustainability Metrics.
- Dr Ishaq Bhatti - Islamic Banking and Social Business
- Professor Zahirul Hoque - Grameen Bank Foundations of Social Business
- Dr Kate Grosser - Social Business: Comparative Perspective UK (Bendigo Campus)
- Dr Geraldine Kennett - Indigenous Entrepreneurship and Social Business
- Dr Nicholas Shipley - Needs Analysis for Social Business – Bundoora Catchment
- Darebin Enterprise Centre Limited
- Hatch and Catch event and workshop - inaugural event 2015
- Department of Marketing, Faculty of Business Studies, Dhaka University, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- La Trobe Asia
- Yunus Social Business Health Hub (UNSM)
- Yunus Centre Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
- Yunus Centre for Social Business and Health, Glasgow Caledonian University
- Yunus Social Business Centre, University of Florence