Best ways to celebrate end of exams in Melbourne (Issue 23, 2012)
Exams are over! Congratulations to all students who made it through. Now it’s time to celebrate and here is a list of the best ways to do exactly that in this great city.
- The Eagle Bar: the University bar on the Melbourne campus is the perfect place to catch up with friends after your final exam. Have a drink or a bite to eat, listen to live music, dance to a great DJ, or simply sit and relax under the retractable glass canopy or in the courtyard overlooking La Trobe’s stunning gardens.
- Turn your brain off: your brain has probably been in overdrive all semester – one great way to switch it off and just relax for a while is at a movie marathon! Most cinemas will hold movie marathons periodically and with certain themes, go to their websites for more information.
- Beach party: summer is almost here! Grab your friends and head for the coast, take a picnic and a ball and have a blast. There is no better way to appreciate your freedom from study than a day on one of Australia’s gorgeous beaches with friends. Remember to always play it safe by the beach, only swim on patrolled beaches and between the flags – and always wear sunscreen!
- The Ex Party: the La Trobe Student Union regularly holds end of exams parties and everyone is invited! A great way to make new friends from uni while watching quality acts. This year, three massive stages were set up so everyone’s music taste was catered for.
- Spoil yourself: grab a copy of The Age Good Food Guide, and go to one of Melbourne’s best restaurants.
- Get exhilarated: sick of being cooped up studying indoors? Do something to get your senses working! Bungee jumping, skydiving, caving, rock-climbing, abseiling, laser tag – it doesn’t matter which one you choose, any of these adventure sports are bound to help you shake off the study slump you’ve been in. Visit redballoon.com.au for a list of adventures for a good price.