My Publications

Log in to My Publications

The University compiles an annual record of its research outputs used for Excellence in Research Australia (ERA), for the Academic Workload Planning System (AWPS) as well as for several other internal and external reporting requirements. Research outputs include journal, conference and book publications, government reports, exhibitions and audio-visual recordings.

La Trobe University's My Publications system automates the collection of traditional research outputs: mainly journal articles. Using the researcher’s name, affiliation and their researcher identifier (eg. ORCiD id), the system automatically and continuously searches electronic databases such as Web of Science and locates publications assigned to an individual.

La Trobe researchers and higher degree by research students should log into My Publications and ensure:

  • all authored and co-authored works for the previous year are claimed
  • any publications that are not yours are rejected
  • manual addition of any missing publications or creative works for the previous year
  • submission of the accepted versions of your articles or other evidence to
  • this is done as soon as items are published

My Publications Guide [PDF 1.3MB]

While the Library Research team has responsibility for coordinating the collection of research publication data through the My Publications system, the Research Office is responsible for all reporting by department, research centre or college, and the government submissions.

For assistance or for more details please contact

Frequently asked questions

What data is collected in My Publications?

All eligible research outputs including; books, book chapters, journal articles, conference proceedings, research reports for an external body, original creative works and exhibitions.  Staff and higher degree research students are included.

What login should I use to access My Publications?

Use the same login and password that you use to login the La Trobe system.  If you have trouble logging in, please contact the Library Research team at

Where can I find more information about FoR codes?

Who claims the publication of a co-authored paper?

All La Trobe University authors and co-authors must claim their own publications regardless of the number of authors.

I have entered a variation of my name, why am I not getting any publications showing?

The My Publications system can take up to 24 hours to run a harvest after entering in a name change. Please be patient and check again the following day.  If there are still no publications, it may be that there are no La Trobe affiliated publications under that form of your name for the collection period, or they are not represented in the databases that are harvested.  You may need to enter these manually.

Why should HDR students get involved in the publications data collection?

If you get involved as an HDR student, your work will achieve more recognition within the university, because your research outputs will count for the University’s annual research publication data collection.

If you are both an HDR student and a La Trobe employee, your research output can also help La Trobe achieve another outstanding result in Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) 2018.

If you have a staff account and a student account, you should login with your staff credentials.

What is a "non-traditional research output" (NTRO), and what evidence is collected for NTROs?

Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) defines NTROs as: original creative works; live performance of creative works; recorded/rendered creative works; curated or produced substantial public exhibitions and events; research reports for an external body.

In order for us to verify the research output, we will need evidence of your work in the most appropriate form possible.  This might be a recording of a dance, scan of an exhibition catalogue, photo of a sculpture or a combination of types.  If the evidence is a DVD, the Library will convert to digital format for storage and accessibility.  If the evidence is a URL, an archived copy with be kept in perpetuity. Submit your work to

What about reports which are not allowed to be made public?

NTROs which are sensitive in nature must submitted to the Repository as a restricted document for AWPS assessment NB. No publication will be made publicly available without your permission.

Contact if you have any questions.

What do I need to know about Research Statements?

My Publications requires Research Statements for all NTROs except "Research Reports for an external body". Please refer to the Research Statement Guide which is indicated with a "?" at the end of the Research Statement field in the manual submission window.