Problems with access
If you are having trouble accessing online items you may need to change your Adobe reader or internet browser settings.
Adobe Reader - PDF viewer
You cannot view the file e.g. blank screen or incomplete document:
- Start Adobe Reader.
- Go to Edit, then Preferences then choose Internet.
- Make sure the box next to Display PDF in browser is ticked.
- Click OK.
Your pages do not print correctly:
- You must use the print options (print icon or File/Print) from Adobe Reader not your web browser.
- Select File then Print.
- Make sure that Shrink large pages is selected.
- Your document will shrink to an A4 size and still be readable
You get a message saying The file is damaged...
- Try refreshing the page.
- Try returning to the page that contained the link and click on it again.
Off campus access to databases
If you cannot access a database from off campus:
- You can try clearing your browser's cache
- Some databases use pop-up screens. You can disable them in Internet Explorer or Firefox.
Microsoft Internet Explorer v5+ (Windows)
- Select Internet Options from the Tools menu.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click Custom Level in Security Level for this Zone.
- Scroll down to Scripting, near the bottom of the list.
- Under Active Scripting, choose Enable.
- Click OK to leave Security Settings. Click OK to leave Internet Options.
- Refresh the page you are viewing.
Mozilla Firefox (Windows)
- Select Tools from the menu bar and click on Options...
- Click the Content tab.
- Open Safari
- Select Preferences from the Safari menu.
- Click Security.
- Close the window.
- Click Reload on your bowser toolbar.