Find items on the shelf
You need to know the call number of an item to be able to find it on the shelves in the library. Often the same titles will have different call numbers in different campus libraries.
- Search for your item using Library Search.
- Take note of the location and the call number.
- Clicking on the location link will tell you where in the library to start looking e.g. Bundoora General is on Level 3.
- The call number will tell you where to look on the shelves in that location.
- You need the whole call number e.g. 616.4620994 D536.
The call number is based on the Dewey Decimal Classification which groups items by subject so that you can browse the shelves for other items relevant to your subject.